Prologue

Aesop opened his eyes. It was still dark in the room and outside, the sky was still full of stars. He get a close look to the wach. 5:30 A. M. He was usually waking up at 6. Strange. He had no dreams. He never has dreams. It was like an invisible force woke him up. He get out of bed. Get to the sink. He boiled some water and made his coffee the way he liked: strong, with a drop of milk and three spoons of sugar. He made his bed. Changed in his work uniform and brushed his thin, silver hair. He got out of his two-room apartment and descended from the spiral staircase in his coffin shop. He turned the light on. He got to the door to turn the sign from *close* to *open* when he saw something strange. A red  letter envelope was on the mat. He picked it up. On the front it has a black stamp that was like an optipus turning all her legs to the left.
The teen embalmer go to the desk and take the letter knife. It was a very vintage way of opening a letter, but Aesop liked a lot vintage things, punctuality and cleaning his coffin shop. It was his hobby. Inside the envelope it was a thin, yellowish piece of parchment. On it was written:

Dear Mr. Aesop Carl,

We maybe never met face to face so it may occurre to you a little odd receiving this letter. But the reason you are receiving it is that we propose you to play a game that will take part at our beautiful meanor, in a few days, you have the address below. You will find out details and the rules right there. I am looking forward to your response that I may receive immediately.

-Anonymous

P. S. :As in any other game it will be a prize for those who prove they are worth it.

"...for those who prove they are worth it...." Aesop know that he is with it. He was the best in the whole city at his job, at embalming. If he will still had the teen adult mentality he would accept this offer without thinking twice. Yeah, he used to be very foulish and sure on himself back then. But now, when he was trained in the machine of life, he will think even the fifth time until he made a decision but.... Unfortunately......
"This is my chance to prove who I am, to prove I am greater than they all think...This guys.... Through all embalmers.... They chose me......I will go... At least, it is a game.. PF, how hard could it be?!"
So he wrote a very nice letter where he discribed how glad he will be to participate at their game. In his head were lots of fantasys about how he will win, how he will stand above them all, with a shiny throfy and everyone acclaming him. But what he didn't know,  was, that, in this sort of games there is no shining trophys, neither acclaming, there are just the dark thoughts running circles, and the deadly regret. In fact, this adjective, "deadly" was very often used by Carl to discribe "cool" things,because,yeah,he was an embalmer, dead bodies were for him like plushy toys and dead was one of his closest friends, because he or she, nobody knows, was giving him profit.
"Oh man...." he thought "this game will be deadly! "
But unfortunately, about this game, "deadly" will be used literally.