Chapter Two

ALRIGHT! I HAVE A SHORT MESSAGE- FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU SO INCREDIBLY MUCH @Utegirl13 FOR MY AMAZING EDITOR AND COVER MAKER!! AND FOR THAT I LOVE YOU! <3 

Brynn’s POV:

I gapped at him, seriously? What the hell!? Two weeks!? “That’s not fair!” I yelled at him glaring as coldly and evil as I possibly could manage.

“Do you want to make it 3?” He smirked and suddenly he was my least favorite teacher I have ever had. “Now, do you mind sitting down so we can get to the others?”

I sat down with my arms across my chest and my nails digging into my skin. I hated him. He is the cockiest airhead I had ever met, who likes to give detention on the first day. Gah I just wanted to punch that perfectly sculpted face of his. Wait, what the hell am I saying? I’m suppose to hate him. Maybe Larry my pet dinosaur could be useful after all. I laughed to myself take that Mr. Wyatt!

“Miss. Winters? Do you want to share with the class what has amused you?” I looked up snapping out of my daydream.

“What?” I asked clearly confused.

“You laughed.”

“Oh, that.” Crap what was I supposed to say? ‘Oh I was just imagining you being eaten by my pet dinosaur, Larry.’ That just doesn’t seem right.

“Well..?” he edged on.

“You sure you want to know? Fine; I was laughing about how I thought my..”

The bell rang before I could finish so I grabbed all of my belongings and ran out of the classroom as fast as I possible could.

“FINALLY!!” I screamed as the bell rang for dismissal. I grabbed my bag and waited by Amanda’s car. After what seemed like hours I got a text.

‘Hey Brynn- staying after school today for cheer practice, sorry!-Ash’

Damn it, now I have to walk home. My house wasn’t too far from the school, but it wasn’t very close either. Usually it takes about 20 minutes and sometimes more. I looked up to the sky and I noticed how gray the clouds were. Praying and wishing that they would hold out until I got home. I put in my earbuds and started to listen to ‘Wide Awake’ by Katy Perry, which is the best song I have ever listened to in my entire freakin life!

I started to sing along when I felt raindrops slowly poor down from the sky. “Shit!” I muttered. I knew that it was not just going to be a slight rain shower, but a fierce one, because of the smell.

I walked faster but the rain fell harder, just like I knew it would and eventually I was soaked to the bone. And I still had at least 15 minutes before I got home. I sighed and shoved my hands into my pockets trying to get any type of warmth; but with no such luck. When the first thunder erupted I yelped thanking god no one was around to hear it. All I knew was I needed to get home, since I was not covered by anything.

 Another 5 minutes passed until I realized I had left my science homework in my locker.

“Shiz nuggets!” I screamed kicking the trash can next to me over causing shots of pain to shoot up my foot. “Dammit!” I screamed through clenched teeth. It’s a plastic trash can, how could it hurt so much to kick it?

I slowly turned around, limping and started walking back to school when a very sexy Jeep Wrangler pulled up next to me, with tinted windows that made it so you could not see who was inside. It was nice car, but I didn’t want to find out who was inside it. So I walked a little faster; the Jeep went a little faster, I was right about to make a run for it when I heard the window rolled down.  I stopped walking and turned to see Mr. Wyatt leaning over the center console looking out the window at me.

“Brynn what the hell are you doing? It’s pouring out!”

“Don’t you think I know that!?” I snapped at him. I sighed, “I’m sorry, I’m having a bad day, and it keeps getting worse. Also I left my homework in my locker so I have to go back and get it.”

“Here, get in, I’ll drive you.”

I stopped walking. Did my teacher just tell me to get in his car? Huh, I guess he did. I forgot I was supposed to hate him, maybe because I was cold or maybe because he charmed me into. LOL no. I’m cold.

 He opened the door for me from inside and I jumped into his car, shivering, and soaking wet; but still managed to turn to him smirking, “You know, my mom taught me not to get into cars with strangers, but thanks.” I smiled.

“Good thing I’m not a stranger but your welcome.” He said while handing me his jacket.

“I’m soaked, your jacket is going to get wet.”

“I would rather have a wet jacket than have you end up with pneumonia. So please put it on.”

I took it gratefully, and put it on. It smells like him; cinnamon and a hint of chocolate, not to mention it was warm. I snuggled into it, felling relaxed and comforted and somewhat sleepy.

After he had taken me to the school so I could get my science homework, he took me home. It was a comfortable silence and I really did enjoy his company. We had talked a little and it was hilarious, he was actually really funny and nice.

He had asked me to call him James outside of the classroom, which made me feel special. Did he think I was special, or does he just feel bad for me because I had been walking home in a tropical like storm? I guess only time will tell. Though I am still mad he gave me detention.

I had nearly dried off, but I was still freezing and I think James could see that because I was shaking. I then noticed that he turned up the heater all the way and turned the seat warmer on the highest it could possibly get.

“Better?” he asked gently.

 I nodded already feeling loads better.

After giving directions to James, we had made it to my house. “Thank you for being my knight in shining armor.”

I took his jacket off and laid it in the back seat and I turned to get out and James grabbed my arm. I turned around and we looked into one another’s eyes. I didn’t know what to think at that moment, was he going to kiss me?

“Don’t forget detention tomorrow and don’t be late.”

I pulled my arm from his and opened the door and step out back into the rain and turned back around. “You are no longer my knight in shining armor, because they never give students detention on the first day.” The look on his face was hilarious. With that said I closed the door and headed into my house.

Today may have started off bad, but it ended with a smile on my face.

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN! I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHO IS READING MY STORY!!! <333