𝟎𝟔. | 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐘 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒.

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐄 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘, 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒, 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘." — 𝐒𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

𝓐 perfect word to describe how I was feeling right now was agitated.

"All I'm saying Z, is that you need to be careful. I'm not talking shit about Jahseh at all because that's my friend but he's intense and I think that he's a lot more intense than Taymor. Being involved with him might not be the best thing to do." Amancia sighed, pursing her lips as she eyed my expression. "Not the best thing to do right now, at least."

I hummed, shrugging as I messed with the string of the tea bag that sat in the pink coffee cup I was drinking out of. Ever since I had hung up the phone with Jahseh I'd been listening to Amancia lecture me all while sipping on the lavender flavored drink. I decided that I needed something to calm me down, and the tea was it. My heart was racing like hell after Jahseh told me he'd be coming over and immediately the overthinking I usually did began. I didn't know what to expect from that boy and I didn't plan on Manci giving me a speech tonight either like I wasn't grown either. I didn't need to be talked to like I was a dumb and naive sixteen year old girl.

Because I know what I'm doing.

At least I think I do.

"I get what you mean, Tay was intense and Jahseh is for sure as well but other than that and their tempers, I think they differ from each other completely. And besides, I just told you today I wasn't trying to date right now anyways. You know that." I exclaimed, nodding along with her as she confirmed my words from earlier.

In the back of my mind I thought about how she was just encouraging me to get to know Shao better though, not insinuating just remaining friends with him at all, actually pushing me to shoot for the opposite. My mind began to stir harder so I let out a big breath of air.

Clearly there was something that she knew about Jahseh that I didn't yet. I'd only met him once and she's known him much longer than me so of course she would. The feeling I get in my gut hasn't ever lied to me before though, so I know damn well she was holding back secrets. Never have I appreciated a person keeping things from me, I've always considered it as lying. As badly as I wanted to call Amancia out on that, as much as my intuition was telling me that she had knowledge of so much more, I bit my tongue and shook my head slightly to clear away the thoughts I was having.

"I know, I know. It's not you I'm worried too much about. You have a great head on your shoulders right now. It's Jahseh's slick ass. I was peeping the way he was looking at you and shit from the jump and that call just proved everything I was thinking to be true. He's set out for you." Amancia chuckled. "You're his type. I'm not shocked."

"What exactly is slick about him? Don't tell me y'all messed around because he tried to get over on you I swear I'll sto-"

"Bitch, I'd never. No, no, no. We've always just been friends, I swear! I'm just around enough to know that him and Stokeley and the rest of them niggas are well known around here for being little heart breakers. I'd hate to have to whoop his ass for doing you dirty."