Comatose

All I knew was, if you lived another day, I shall marry you.  

I prayed as hard as I could that she would wake up from her Comatose. Isang linggo na din ang lumipas, mula ng sinugod namin siya sa ospital. I just finished a school lecture and is now on my way to the hospital. Tuluyan nang namanhid ang buong pagkatao ko. Namanhid dahil sa galit sa mga Metrocom na nagpaputok ng baril. Ayon naman sa mga doktor, ligtas na daw ang kondisyon ni Denise. Anytime soon daw ay gigising na ito mula sa comatose.

Kung kaya't napilitan na akong bumalik sa pagtuturo, pero kung ako lang ang tatanungin, ayaw ko na sana munang magturo. Yun nga lang, alam kong ikakagalit ito ni Denise. I drove to the hospital, pagpasok ko sa kwarto ni Denise kasalukuyang nagkakagulo ang mommy at ate Nadine ni Denise.

Si Eileen ay nagmamatyag lang sa paanan ng kama ni Denise.

"Eils? Anyare?" I asked her.

"Wala na siya." Eileen says.

"Ano?!"

"Mommy? Bakit hindi po kayo tumawag ng doctor?"

I said to Mommy Virginia.

"Mahal ko, sabi mo hintayin kita diba? Ang daya mo." I said as I hugged her lifeless body.

Nagulat ako ng bigla akong niyakap nito.

"Love, biro lang." She whispered back to me.

I pulled away from the hug and there she was, smiling so beautifully.

"Eeehhh! Mahal naman eh! Kinabahan ako."

Nilingon ko ang Mommy, Ate Nadine at Pinsan ni Denise na ngayon ay naka-ngiti. Tears ran down my face, hindi ko alam kung masaya lang ba ako na ligtas siya o dahil ba ito sa kaba.

She pulls me in another hug. I was careful not to touch her wound.

"I miss you love." I heard her whisper.

"Gayon din ako, Mahal ko." I whispered back to her.

I pulled away from her hug, I looked at her with tearful eyes, pinunasan nya ng masuyo ang bawat patak ng luha ko.

"Tahan na, Love. Gising na ako, buhay na buhay pa." She said smiling.

I captured her hand and kissed it reverently. What she doesn't know was, I already spoke with her parents and Ate, I asked for her hand in marriage and they agreed. My parents knew about the said proposal, Tatay gave me an engagement ring owned by her Mother, it has an Opal center stone with two diamonds flanking its side, Denise's birthstone was Opal and Nanay's birthstone was Aquamarine, Tatay opted to give her a different engagement ring. So he kept the engagement ring her mother handed down to him.

I looked at her in the eyes as she laughed softly because she taught she got me. I smiled back softly at her and breathed in before speaking. Once I breathed out my words came along with it.

"Denise Jopson, my life and my joy, ang babaeng pinaka-mamahal ko, ang nakaraang linggo ay puno ng pag-aalala para sa amin. Kaya sinabi ko sa sarili ko at sa Diyos na buhayin ka lamang nya ay hinding-hindi na ako papayag na mawala ka sa piling ko. Denise, will you be my wife?" I said as I presented her the ring which was in my pocket.

Her eyes has quickly changed emotions from shock to one full of joy and love. Her mouth opened in disbelief. Nakatitig lang ito sa akin.

"Mahal ko?" I called her attention.

"Y-yes. A million times yes Love!" I heard her answer me.

I slipped the ring into her finger as we both cried in her hospital bed. Her mom, ate and cousin as well as Darcy her best friend was in tears. Tears of joy. Not a dry eye in the room.

"Love! Nakakainis ka! Akala ko ikaw ang nabiktima ko, yun pala ako ang nabiktima mo." She said as she cried.

"Mahal ko, pinakaba mo ako ng husto. Wag mo nang uulitin to ha?" I said as I wiped her tears away.

I placed a kiss on her forehead, her eyelids and her mouth. She smiled into the kiss.

"I won't anymore love. We just thought we'd surprise you. Kaninang tanghali pa ako gising." She said.

"Pasensiya ka na Maling. Congratulations by the way." Said ate Nadine.

"Thank you Ate." Denise smiled.

"Wala yun bunso." She smiled.

"Mommy." Denise called her mother.

"Yes anak?" Her mom asked.

"Salamat mommy." She said smiling.

""Walang ano man, anak." Her mom said.

The rest of the night, visitors came to see Denise. Congratulating her and praising me for the heroic deed I have supposedly done. Our parents both beamed at us as we sat side by side. Darcy, Eileen and all of our common friends paid her a visit too. After the visitors had gone home our parents left us to ourselves.

"Love, thank you for this ring. It must have caused you a lot." She said to me.
"Hindi mahal ko, bigay yan ni Tatay sa akin, pamana sa kanya ng lola ko. Halos pareho kase kayo ng birthday, nauna ka lang ng 5 days. October 3 ka, tas si Lola 8." I smiled at her.

"I can't believe you proposed." She said smiling.

"Believe it Mahal ko, hindi na kita papakawalan." I said as I sat beside her bed.

"Love, antok na ako. Sleep na tayo." She said eventually.

"Sige Mahal. Matulog ka na. Dito lang ako sa tabi mo."

"Good night, love."

"Good night, mahal."

I said as she closed her eyes and went to sleep. She was just sedated 10 minutes ago by nurses, kaya agad naman itong nakatulog. I thanked the Lord for keeping her safe. Before falling asleep in the couch myself.

A/N:

Muli, salamat sa suportang ibinigay ninyo sa akin.

To rastroheart, salamat sa pasensiyang ibinigay mo. Lalo na para tapusin ko ang story na ito. Salamat. 😂

Spread light and love!

-Sky