Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Elvorrie Mattan sat straight up in her bed, gasping for breath. A hand on her heart told her it was a dream, but it had felt so real.

Real.

Elvie looked around at her room. It seemed untouched. She shivered, trying to rid herself of the last bit of nightmare that had come over her. She stood up and walked over to her closet, pulling out a white fluffy costume.

Today was the introduction of the students for the new year of Foxfire. Elvie was starting the year out as a 'yeti' and she really wasn't looking forward to it. Dressing up as a yeti. And dancing in front of everyone.

Elvie pulled on the fluffy suit and brushed her teeth. She sat down on her bed. That dream hadn't been a dream.

It was a vision.

Elvie snapped out of her trance as she heard voices downstairs.

"Elvie! Are you up yet? C'mon we have to get to Foxfire!"

"Hi Elvie!"

"Hey Elvie, where are you?"

She heard stomping coming up the stairs and she smiled as she heard a knock. "Elvs, are you awake?" a deep voice asked, knocking on the door gently. Elvie stood up slowly and walked over to the door, opening it.

Right outside her bedroom door was her best friend, Keefe. He looked so amazing, his golden blonde hair glowing in the sun coming through the window, his ice blue eyes shining with sparkles that seemed to be there whenever he saw her. He was wearing a fluffy orange costume, with a pair of wings coming from his back and a pterodactyl head that had flipped up onto his head. Elvie giggled, booping the hat.

"Morning, Keefe. You guys are here early." She smiled as he followed her into her room.

"Ya, we are supposed to be there soon," he said, adjusting the pterodactyl head. Elvie sat down at her vanity, brushing her crazy and wild red hair into a side braid. Keefe was watching her, mesmerized.

"Yeah ok, I get it. I had just woken up when I heard you guys come in anyways," she shrugged, finishing off the braid and tying it. She turned around to look at him.

"Uhm. Are you ok?" Elvie asked, cocking her head to the side. Keefe blinked, coming out of his daydream.

"Oh yup! I was just wondering how I ended up with such a beautiful person as my girlfriend." He gave her one of his famous smirks, making her heart flutter.

"Technically we aren't a thing yet.... remember?" Elvie said, looking down and wringing her hands.

Oh Keefe remembered. He remembered very clearly....