The Beginning

I woke up to a sound of clanging metal. I couldn't see. I opened my eyes and saw nothing. I tried to lift my arms to wipe my eyes. They were stuck. I couldn't move anything. Then I remembered.

My parents died in an explosion in their church on my 16th birthday. That was only a few months ago. I moved in with my aunt and uncle.

"Wake up,  Bella."

I woke up with a moan and looked at the clock. Good grief! It was only four in the morning! 

"It's only four in the morning!" I said.

"Welcome to the lifestyle under our roof," My aunt responded.

"Aunt Jennifer!" 

"No back-talking. Get up."

I got out of my bed, realising it was Saturday. As soon as I realised that, I was overjoyed because I was going out with my friends. Then I remembered that I wasn't in Virginia anymore, I was in Canada, where I had no friends. I went downstairs. As soon as I hit the bottom step, I was bombarded with my big sister Emma, My aunt Jennifer, and my uncle Jason.

"Chore day!" My aunt said.

"Let's get this over with," Said my sister with a groan.

We took all day doing chores. We dusted the furniture, we cleaned the dishes, did the clothes, and much more chores to keep our day busy. It was torture. Finally, we were done. We had finally finished. It was eight P.M.. I was actually astounded by the work we accomplished. It was amazing to see the outcome. We went to bed, as our aunt said to, at ten. But, I, stayed up mourning my parents' death. I fell asleep eventually. But by morning, I realised that it was already Sunday. A day before the first day in my new school. In the winter. I decided to go to the nearest Cafe. It was amazing. I sat in the corner and read my favorite book that I had already read twice, "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone". Then I went to an art museum. It was pretty cool, considering my favorite things to do are read and look at art. When I got home, I was exhausted. I layed down, then fell asleep right at 8. I woke up the next morning to my alarm clock and remembered it was Monday. Not just any Monday, my first day at my new school. I got up, got ready, and went to school. When I got out of school, I went straight to the Cafe. This time, I sat on the Terrace. I sat in the corner. There was a girl about my age sitting in the opposite corner. She waved at me with a smile and motioned for me to come over. I walked slowly, and then she motioned for me to come faster. I walked faster, and heard a crashing sound behind me. I fell down and scraped my knee. The waiter person there aided me until I insisted I was fine. I looked up to thank the girl for perfect timing. She was gone! I looked around to see if she moved, but nothing was there. I didn't think about it. I ran home. I walked into my room and shut the door. As soon as I shut the door, I heard a knock. It was my aunt. 

"Can I come in," She said, and then before I could respond, she opened the door. Her and my sister walked in.

"What's wrong," My sister asked. "You slammed your door."

"Nothing," I responded.

"I'll leave you two to talk," Said my aunt Jennifer. She then walked out.

"Tell all."

"I almost got killed today, Emma! What would you do?" I replied.

"Oh my God what happened?" She said.

"I'm not quite sure," I said back.

"Ok! Just being nosy!"

I rolled my eyes and grinned as she walked out of the room. Then I got on my phone to see all I missed today. A movie that was coming on T.V. in thirty minutes was trending on social media. I prepared to watch it. It was called, "Escape". I made popcorn, and sat on the couch. Just in time! My aunt and uncle were whispering when it came on. They walked out the door.

"See you guys later," My uncle said with a smile.

"Lock the doors," My aunt said with fear in her eyes.

I wondered why she seemed scared. I forgot about it and got up to lock the door. I locked the door, and sat back down on the couch while munching on my popcorn and watching the movie. I dozed off.

When I woke up, it was to the sound of clanging metal. I was tied to a bed. What happened? I remembered dozing off during the movie. I did lock the doors. Then what happened? That's when I heard his voice.