Chapter 3

I woke up with a dry taste in my mouth. I began to cough when someone poured water down my throat. Then I fell asleep again.

When I woke up the second time, I opened my eyes. I was in a laboratory. I tried lifting my arms, but they were tied to the bed. Dang it! I looked down just to see myself covered in blood. Then I remembered what had happened. But I was confused. How am I still alive? I can't be a zombie. I mean, they aren't even real!

"Bella! Finally you're awake."

I turn to see Duncan, standing in the doorway.

"H-hi Dunc-can" I respond with a raspy voice. He then gave me water.

"I can fe-end for myse-elf."

"No honey, you can't." He responded.

Then he walked out of the room. I looked around, amazed by the huge room. I wondered why he wanted me here so bad. Then it hit me. The gift. But why was he taking care of me after he attempted to kill me? Wouldn't he just stab me again? He was probably just trying to make me suffer. Wait - then why is he taking care of me? Those thoughts race through my mind as I am trapped in the room. That's when he walked back in the room.

"How you doing?"

"Fine. Why are you taking care of me after I didn't die?"

"Oh honey, you definitely died."

"Then how am I still here?"

"If only you knew..." Then he walked out of the room. 

So I am some kind of zombie. Why did it happen this way? Am I evil because I am a zombie? What's wrong with me?