the happiness we pursue

one.

Perhaps the biggest obstacle that we will face in our lives is one which we have full control of. When we view the idea of happiness, we never deem it as inevitable, rather, an enslaved task which drives us to an unknown insanity.

In retrospect, however, the key to happiness isn't something to be found, or hunted. If you happen to stumble upon it momentarily, you'll find yourself dripping in liquid gold until that gold inadvertently vanishes. Because, the gold you find is not truly yours. It is merely something belonging to another person in pursuit of happiness.

The one true form of happiness doesn't come from gold, or other people, for that matter. And, of course, your serotonin is certainly not a determining factor.

Philosophers spend their time attempting to make others find the meaning of happiness, whilst psychologists spend their time attempting to make other people find happiness. But, how can you find something you are unfamiliar with? How can you uncover something that you've never felt?

Short-term happiness won't outlive you, and in most cases, it is popular in people who find no real purpose in their world. However, long term happiness is different all together. Although a melancholy feeling may approach you from time to time, an undoubtably large rise in a new sense of life will cancel it out.

So, how do you find definite and absolute happiness? How do you stop running in circles and take a moment for yourself? To breath in the fresh air, the picturesque view that surrounds you, and to feel as though you know who you are, and what you need, and what you want.

Perhaps, the answer is unknown. And we remain floating in the universe, particles of stress and depression, struggling to continue in this world that consumes any flicker of hope we have. And, in time, we become fully aware of the way which we live our lives, and the shock might be enough to shake us into change. But until then, who, or even, what, are you? Someone who longs for the feeling of paper against their fingertips, or the feeling of being completely safe?

When you're drowning in a seemingly endless universe, and the only light you see is that of a streetlight high above you a night, when the world is at peace, there is one thing you can do to find the happiness to desire.

wake. up.