Chapter 55

I checked my watch when I woke up 7:39. I had gotten probably two hours of sleep which didn't help the nausea that hit as soon as I sat up. I looked over to see Blake was asleep still but Duke had gotten up with me. I went downstairs and got a can of carrots and put some in a bowl and while it heated up I got Duke some food and water. We were running low on venison, someone would need to go hunting soon and I know that Blake wouldn't let me. I went upstairs and saw that Neil was up. I grabbed him then gave him the carrots I had heated up and heated up more for me. We ate in the living room, although it didn't stay down long. As soon as I finished eating I was in the bathroom. This morning sickness is awful. I splashed some water on my face and went back to the living room. I grabbed a deck of cards and started to set up solitaire when Ava came downstairs.

"Hey Sky." She said plopping down on the couch with a book.

"Hey. I think I'm going to talk to the boys about going on a run for more things to do around here, maybe a couple handheld game consoles that don't need to much energy to charge." I said.

"That seems like a good idea. Do you think they'll let you go?" She asked with a small laugh.

"Blake will have an issue but I'll be fine." I replied. We talked for a little while before Luke came down.

"Luke. Can we go on a run for more things to do around here? I need someone to help me convince Blake that I can go." I said. He yawned and nodded.

"I haven't even been awake for five minutes. But sure." He said sitting in the arm chair. After a little Blake came downstairs, I let him wake up for a few minutes before I said,

"We're going on a run. I want to get the kids a few more things to do around here."

"Woah, woah. No." He replied, "it's to dangerous."

"What's to dangerous. A pregnant girl going around looking through stores with four guys following her?" I asked my tone slightly irritated.

"No. Every time we go out you get hurt or come close to a zombie."

"You don't get to decide what I can and can't do." I told him. I understood his worry about keeping me and now our unborn baby safe. I wanted to keep us safe too but sitting around doing nothing for nine months was not the plan I had in mind.

"I just want you to be safe." He said coming to sit next to me on the floor.

"I know but I can handle myself." I said and he nodded.

"When do you want to go?"

"Well I was thinking today." The boys both sighed but got up. Blake went to get Landon and Luke went to get Gavin. It was nine so most of us were already awake. I went to grab a backpack and put a can of peas in along with water. At around ten we were on the road. The boys had disconnected the trailer awhile ago so we moved slightly faster. I decided that I could drive since I never really get to anymore. We drove about twenty away to the Walmart we continued to go through.

"Why are we here?" Gavin asked.

"Well we need diapers, wipes, and a crib." I replied hopping out. I walked right through the broken glass and did a search of the store. I found six zombies and took out two of them letting the boys get the others. I grabbed a bag off one of the shelves and went to the electronic section. I didn't see any consoles that didn't take up a lot of energy but I did grab a bunch of movies. I filled the bag with comedies and kids movies. I was thinking we could do a movie or two a week. Not that we had to worry about electricity that much because of the solar panels but the less energy we used the better. I brought it out to the car and saw Blake had brought a crib box out to the car and put it in the trunk. I put the bag next to it and hugged him.

"Are you okay?" He asked hugging me tightly back. I nodded,

"I just needed a hug." I replied. We went back into the store and grabbed a backpack each. We went to the kids section and got some new clothes for Neil and a couple new shirts and pants for each kid because the old clothes were getting ratty. I also grabbed a pair of sweatpants for each of them and we put it all in the car. Luke Landon and Gavin were out by the car with six or seven boxes of diapers for Neil and a few for newborns and loads of boxes of wipes. We packed the car and I ran back for a duffel bag and to shut the door. I got in the front passenger seat while Luke drove. We got to a GameStop about twenty minutes later after finding a large plaza. I got out and grabbed the brick we kept in the glovebox and broke the window. The store like all GameStop's was small. There were no zombies inside. I shined my light around until I got to the DS section. I grabbed four of them one for each kid. And then one of every game they had out, checking the drawers behind the counter to make sure I had all of them as well. I grabbed a couple of the shirts that were on display and a few of the action figures and went back to the car. We got home about an hour later and I brought in the movies and new games and the boys brought in the rest. Tomorrow the boys were going to start with the basement and the rooms, moving things down to the basement putting together the other crib, making the babies room look more like a babies room. I gave the bags to the kids and it was like Christmas morning for them. Their eyes lit up and they all immediately went to plug them in. While they were charging they organized the movies and games on a shelf that was pretty much empty. Not everything fit but they made more room. I made lunch and discovered that the meat was gone. We ate canned food and then spent the day watching movies. It was a welcome change of pace. We had the television on so all other lights in the house were off. We turned the television off around seven and played a couple games of uno and go-fish before I put Neil to bed and the kids went off to their room. Jane, Edna, and Gavin had left after the movies so it was only Luke, Landon, Blake and I.

"We're out of meat." I stated.

"Do you want me to go hunting tomorrow? Our dad taught us how to hunt when we were young." Luke offered.

"If you want." I said and we talked about our plan for tomorrow before we went to bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out.

________________________________
Thank you for taking the time to read my story! If you liked it vote or comment. I read through all the comments:)

Posted two chapters today because we had a half day:)