chapter seven (7)

-Kennadi's POV

I open the gym door a little too aggressively, grabbing the few people in the room's attention. I couldn't care less at this point because I am annoyed and need to talk to Zion immediately.

When Ashton came back to the class literally 20 minutes after she left, I tried talking to her but she ignored me. Knowing she went to go meet with Zion to talk about something she promised she'd let go, I was a little pissed off, especially with her not speaking to me.

After spending the class whispering to her, tapping her desk, and sending her texts but not getting anything back, the bell rang and my temper had ran short. I stormed out the room and walked as fast as I could towards gym to figure out what Ashton did.

My eyes scan across the gym to find Zion, catching him walking towards the boys' locker room. I walk quickly over to him and grab his shoulder, spinning him around.

His face looks confused and annoyed when he meets mine and he immediately rolls his eyes. "Kennadi, if you're here to interrogate me too, fuck off," He says and turns to walk away from me. I'm taken back by his attitude, quickly confirming my prediction that Ashton said something to make him upset.

"Zion, I'm not bothering you to ask about the Isaac stuff. I want to know wh-" I try to say, but he cuts me off mid-sentence. "Listen, baby, I don't care. I don't need this drama shit, it's annoying,"  He says and walks into the locker room before I can say anything else.

His words hurt me, he sounds just like the jerk I knew him to be. Part of me feels like he's being dramatic and rude, but I also don't know what Ashton said to him or accused him of and I'm sure he's done with talking about this. I guess I would be annoyed too if I made new friends and they immediately brought along this much drama. I like Zion, though, and I don't want him to be upset with me.

I lean against the wall and decide to wait for him to come out so I can apologize to him. I try to gather what I'm going to say, but my thoughts are interrupted when I hear Isaac say, "Ken, you realize this door is for the boys' locker room, right?"

I want to laugh but this drama situation is stressing me out too much to. I forgot that Isaac was put in this class too, which could be a potential problem if I don't fix this mess.

"Wait, you're not mad at me, are you?" He asks with a frown on his face. "I thought we worked this out last period."

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. "I'm not mad at you, Isaac. Long story short, Ashton left class to go ask Zion for deeper answers, even after we talked through everything. And now Z's mad at me, too, so I'm waiting for him to come out so I can talk to him," My words fumble out, my voice sounding stressed.

Isaac lets out an irritated laugh and rolls his eyes. "This is so god damn old, I'll handle it," He says and walks into the locker room. I feel nervous because I know he isn't cool with Z and I don't want him to make anything worse.

I wait as patiently as I can outside the door, the bell ringing as I stand there. I know Coach is gonna tell me to go change any second now, but I want to be here when they come out.

I look across the gym to see if I can find what he's doing, but he's not out on the floor. I assume he's in his office, making me feel a little relieved since that gives me more time.

The Edwin guy walks out the locker room and I listen closely, making sure I don't hear any yelling or loud banging. I'm glad I don't hear any violence, but feel anxious because I don't know exactly how well Isaac's 'handling it' is going.

"Hey, who all is still in there?" I ask Edwin. He gives me a small smile and says, "I think Zion, Marcus, Hunter, and some new guy." I nod and say, "Okay, thanks." He winks at me before walking over to the bleachers, leaving me to keep waiting.