006

chapter six: the problem

rebecca and steve walked to the minimart and tommy and carol were there buying steve a soda can and some aspirin.

"hey. you owe me a dollar twenty. don't worry, he'll need more than an aspirin when we're done with him." tommy said as steve took the pill.

steve grabbed the soda can, pressing it to his face since one of his eyes was badly swollen.

"how's your hand?" rebecca asked seeing it looked red and swollen.

she held out her hand and he placed it on top of hers and she looked down and saw his knuckles bleeding.

"ah, oooh." rebecca let out as she looked back up at him and frowned making him look back at her and taking the soda can off his face.

"yeah, if the creep ever gets out. the cops should just lock him up forever. did you see the look on his face?" carol said mocking jonathan as steve let out a groan.

"here, let me take that." rebecca said picking up the coke can and pressing it to steves face making him wince.

"sorry." rebecca said with a cringe.

"he probably had the same look whenever he killed his brother, right?" tommy said as rebecca rolled her eyes.

"oh, god, i just got an image of him making that face while he and nancy are screwing." carol said as rebecca's blood boiled.

"carol, for once in your life, just shut your damn mouth." rebecca snapped.

"what?" carol said.

"hey, what's your problem, hopper?" tommy said but before rebecca could say anything, steve spoke up.

"you're both assholes. that's the problem." steve said as he stood up.

"are you serious right now, man?" tommy asked him.

"yeah, i'm serious. you shouldn't have done that." steve said.

"done what?" tommy asked him.

"you know what." steve replied.

"you mean call her out for what she really is? oh, that's funny, because i don't remember you asking me to stop." tommy said getting closer to steve.

"i should've put that spray paint right down your throat." steve said.

"what the hell, steve?" carol said.