No Good People

"Please! They're coming, help me! Help me, please!" You frantically ran up to a small group, they pulled out their weapons, ready to kill. A man held out his arms, grabbing your shoulders trying to calm you down.

"Hey, breathe! Who is coming?" He looked at you in the eye, "Who are you?" He raised his hand to his people, silently ordering them to stand down.

"Walkers, please, they're coming. I don't have anything. Please." Your head whipped around, looking for the horde you 'tried' to escape...

"You are safe. We can help you." He let go of you, "What's your name?"

You took a deep breath, knowing what was soon to come, "Y/N." Tears burned at the corners of your eyes, "And I'm sorry."

The man looked at you confused, "Sorry for wha—" You turned away from the sight, the side of your face and neck were splattered with his blood. His lifeless body, slumped at your feet. Your shoulders shook slightly as this 'job' you had never got easier. You stood there as the group that enslaved you, unleashed on the unexpected.

"Great job, Y/N." Gareth smiled at you, lifting your chin, making your tearful eyes meet with his. "You are doing a great job, baby." He planted a kiss on your forehead and then bent down, grabbing the man's feet, dragging him back to camp. "Joey! Come get this one, take him back for me." He ordered then placed his arm around you, you flinched and your body stiffened under his touch. "What's the matter, Y/N?" He stopped, making you as well.

You said nothing, you didn't even look at him, but he still knew how this bothered you, how you hated it. You had tried leaving before but they always found you... "Aw come on! After everything that wehave been through, Y/N. There isn't any good people left!" He argued, his loud voice boomed through the thick forest.

"Gareth, we need to go, now. Walkers are getting closer..." Joey came over and took over dragging the poor man whose blood was caked on your neck.

Gareth nodded, "Thanks, buddy." He smiled.

"You better get that bitch on board before anything goes wrong, like that last time..." Joey started at you.

Gareth simply placed his hands on his hips and bit his bottom lip, then he looked up at you. His eye burned with an unimaginable rage as he remembered back to that night, the night his group and his family was beaten, taken and killed.

"That wasn't my fault, Gareth." You said, voice barely above a whisper. His hand swatted through the air connecting harshly with your cheek. You fell to the ground, face burning as the blood rushed to its surface. Your hands crunched the leaves that coated the dirt. You didn't move, you learned it's quicker if you just let him get it out. If you made a noise, moved or looked at him it would only make it worse.

It had been months since that night. Gareth changed when he lost his brother and mother. Before, he was a nice guy, wanted to help people. He would send you out to find people and bring them back to strengthen your chances of survival.

After he was finished with his wrath, Gareth reached down and grabbed your arm tight, pulling you to your feet. Old wounds bled open. "Get some new cloths on, you worthless bitch!" His face laced with anger and disgust.

You knew the feeling, you were disgusted with the person who you were now. Your sole purpose why you were still alive was to lure people in so they could kill them, take whatever they had on them, then feast.

You never did though, you just couldn't. Gareth had a soft spot for you, even before he changed. He allowed you to have all of the food that was taken, instead of eating like a walker. You tried to run away, to be free of this horrendous group but they always found you, beat you then put you to 'work' it was a vicious cycle.