Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Kara's Point Of View

Alex and I were walking home home from school and all of a sudden I could hear everything. There weren't any people around but I could just hear conversations between people.

Kara:Alex do you hear that
Alex:hear what
Kara:Everyone talking. I can hear them. You can't hear them?
Alex:lets just get home

When we got home Alex told me to go upstairs so she could talk to mom. I sit on my bed and try to go to sleep but I just can't. All I can hear is my neighbors talking. I can't hear my thoughts. Alex walks upstairs.

Kara:Do you know what's wrong with me?
Alex:You probably just need some sleep
Kara:but I can't sleep
Alex:just try. You'll eventually fall asleep
Kara:yeah I guess so

I shut my eyes trying to block off the voices. I soon drift off to sleep.

Alex's Point Of View

I can't believe mom really wants to lie to Kara about this. I mean the fact that she is from another planet? How will Kara react when she finds out. I really hate lying to her.

The next day

Kara's Point Of View

I wake up and the only sound I can hear is Alex snoring. She was right, I just needed sleep. I get ready for school and as soon as I get down the stairs Alex is in her pajamas eating some eggs.

Alex:yours are on the counter

I walk over and grab my eggs then sit down.

Alex:is your hearing better
Kara:yeah you were right, I just needed some sleep
Alex:okay good because we are going to the beach today with some friends of mine after school.

I hate Alex's friends. She hangs with football players and cheerleaders. They are all so rude to the younger students in my grade.

At school

Class is almost over. I pack up my things and then the bell rings. Alex told me to meet her and her friends at the walking gate. I walked there and seen a big crowd of people.

Kara:Alex
Alex:Kara you ready
Kara:yeah
Alex:the ocean isn't too far away okay. I have food for you
Kara:thanks

At the beach

I've always been so satisfied by the ocean. Watching the waves. So later Alex, her friends, and I all left and went to a corner store to buy a little more food to walk home and eat. Then we all heard a loud bang. The shop was being robbed. He had a gun. He told the cashier to take all the money and put it in a bag. Alex walked over to see what was happen and I followed. He was about to shoot her. I panicked and ran in front of her so I would get shot instead of her. He pulled the trigger. But I didn't get shot. The bullet bounced off of me.

Kara:Alex? Alex what just happened.

The robber ran out of the store scared.

Kara:Alex why did the bullet bounce off of me
Alex:Kara- I don't know. Guys I gotta go home

Alex dropped her stuff she was gonna buy and we started walking home.

Kara:Alex what's wrong with me
Alex:nothing Kara- i think you just need to get more sleep
Kara:that was your excuse for my hearing. I don't think it's gonna work this time Alex. I can't just sleep this off and forget about it
Alex:I'm sorry. I know. But just try to pretend it never happened

At home

I walked up and went to bed trying to sleep again. I just can't. A bullet bounced off me. That's a big deal. Alex is down stairs talking to mom again. I'm assuming about what happened at the corner store.