Us (a Sheo Fanfic) Chapter 25

SHAI POV

I wince as Theo puts the cold towel on my back, cleaning off the blood. He must notice my hesitation, because he stops.

"Are you okay?" I know looking at Theo would cause me to lose the self-composure I worked so hard to find today, so I continue to stare at my hands.

"Hey," I can hear the alarm in his voice as he grabs my chin lightly. "Look at me." I shake my head, slowly.

"I can't." I whisper, the words sounding like they came from anyone other than me. I feel his broad arms wrap around my waist and pull me into his chest.

"I'm so sorry." The way his voice breaks make holding the tears in harder. I grab onto his shoulders from behind, squeezing them, willing myself not to cry.

"It's okay, really, it's not like it's your fault." I whisper into his neck. I feel him freeze, and then pull away from me.

"But, it is. It is my fault. If I wouldn't have been stupid and got drunk, I could have stopped it. But I was stupid, and I got drunk, and you got tortured. You don't deserve that. You don't deserve me." I feel as if each word he says drives more and more of a wedge between us. I look into his watery eyes.

"Theo, how could you think that?" I take a step towards him, reaching for him. He jerks away, and hits the wall with his back.

"Shailene, I-I think it's time I end this. I'm not good for you. You deserve someone much, much better than me." As he says this, it occurs to me that he really believes this is his fault. Before he can move, I grab his wrists and stare hard at him.

"Theo, this is not your fault. You saved me, for god's sake. Please stop, stop beating yourself up. Because, in reality, I'm the one that doesn't deserve you." He doesn't say a single word for quite awhile; he just stares at me. Then, he finally says,

"I think I should go." He rips out of my grip and heads for the door.

"Theo-" before I can stop him, he opens the door and leaves. I feel all the tears I've been holding in today start pouring down my face. I lean my back against the door, not feeling good enough to support myself. The tears turn into sobs, and before I know it, I'm sliding down the door and on the floor. Through my tears, I grab my phone and do the only thing I can think of doing in the midst my emotional rage.

To: unknown number

I hate you.

OOO, CLIFFHANGER! HEHE SORRY GUYS, BUT I REALLY WANTED TO END THIS CHAPTER LIKE THIS. HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS STORY, AND PLEASE COMMENT PLOT IDEAS (I GIVE CREDIT) AND COMMENT WHO YOU THINK THE 'UNKNOWN NUMBER' IS!