Chapter 1

The Seniors of Ruby High School boarded the train at approximately four am, way too early in Camellia's opinion. No one should be up before the sun, it's unholy. Originally her plan was not to go on this stupid senior trip but her adopted parents thought it would be a good chance for her to make friends before college. So far, that was not happening. She was the first on the train and forced into the back, not that she minded. It was darker than the rest of the train which wasn't a bother, in fact, she prefers it. No one is talking to her and the most she can hear is a few students from physics class playing Dungeon and Dragons, mostly tiny yells and impressions of mythical creatures. She hummed lightly as she tossed her backpack next to her as she plopped into the seat. "Who's the fucking weirdo in the back."

Mason snarled, glancing back at the coffee haired girl in the back of the train. "Don't say that about someone," Ezra mumbled. The raven wasn't one to step in and speak but something about the fact that they had to bully the one kid who literally hasn't done anything to them. "Oh, is little Ezra standing up for the weird girl?" Elijah asked throwing his arm around his younger brother. "Don't pick on your own brother, Elijah," Noah spoke. Ezra shrugged his older brother's arm off of him. "Okay, the three biggest idiots of known history, Ezra and I are leaving far away from you," Clover commented, nudging her twin. "We're both going to avoid you three like the plague until this trip is over." She nudged Ezra along to the back of the train, two seats behind the Dungeon and Dragons group and about seven seats ahead of the mysterious girl.

While Ezra and Clover had a small conversation, nothing really in detail or all that important, Clover overheard the Dungeon and Dragons group talking about the girl in the back. "Ezra I know this is rare, but can you be quiet for a second? I am trying to eavesdrop here," Clover whispered and gave her twin a small glare. Ezra looked at her and shook his head before pulling out his Clockwork Prince book. Though, out of pure curiosity, he listened to the conversation of seniors in front of them.

"I wish that Camellia would notice us. I bet she would like this game." Mathew fawned while adjusting his shifted glasses. Clover then looked over at Ezra and mouthed 'what'. Ezra just looked back at his book nodding. He looked up at his sister only for her to whisper "Sibling alert, hide." "It's not my fucking fault that you said that. Now the twins are mad." Noah said, pointing towards the twins. Mason, who was leading them, stopped and looked back at his two brothers "Where the hell did they go?" He asked. "Are you serious and it looks like they're not in the back with the weirdo," Elijah said.

The triplets glanced around the train. Once out of view, the twins sat back up. "Why do we have to be related to them?" Ezra mumbled while shoving his face into his book. "Because we were cursed, that's why.' Clover retorted, her dark green hair falling back onto her shoulders, messily. "Then how the hell do we break this cursed?" He chuckled lightly. "Going to the back of the train and go talk to the girl..." Clover started saying then looking back to look at Camellia that seem to be upside down in a chair reading a book "Who seems to be reading a book upside down." "What?" Ezra said in a confused voice "And we can't because we don't even know her name." Ezra said as if Clover wouldn't know or wouldn't find out. "I'm pretty sure it's Camellia," Clover said. "We don't know that," Ezra said, knowing he already lost due to the fact that when Clover wants something, she goes after it. "Okay, then I will ask, even though I pretty sure it's Camellia."

"Hey, Mathew! What's the girl's name in the back of the train?" Clover asked in a flirty voice. Ezra looked at her displeased that she did that. "Umm, you're asking me? Well, I-" Mathew started but then Jack McCall finished his sentence. "Her name is Camellia and if she doesn't talk to you, don't take it offensively. She's mute." "Thank you," Clover spoke and turned back to Ezra. "I told you so." She smiled. "Come on let's go, Ezra," Clover said. "No, we need to wait to make sure that no one knows we go back there, especially our brothers." Whispered Ezra, pointing back and forth between him and Clover. "It doesn't matter what they think. I want to make a new friend!" Clover whispered happily. "It looks like she doesn't want friends. Why pry?" Ezra whined. "Because I'm persistent! Let's go!" Clover spoke grabbing her older twin's arm and dragging him along.