EXTRA # 1 - Zeus

Hey there!

Okay, I admit, I'm not over Lost Stars yet. As much as I want to write a sequel to it, I don't think I can, but what I can write is a bit of extra scenes. Now, there will be three extra scenes, surrounding the lives of our three other major characters.

EXTRA # 1 - Zeus (after the Quest of the Ancient Fire)
EXTRA # 2 - Laxus (before meeting Romeo in the Quest)
EXTRA # 3 - Wendy (before the Quest)

Today, we start strong. So here's an extra on Caslere's newest and most probably smartest king, Zeus. It's written in his point of view.

-/-/-

In that moment, I knew there was no point in joining this Quest, because when he tossed that burrito, everything was done for.

Half-kidding. The burrito didn't guarantee this Fairy Tail member's victory, but you can see how much courage he holds inside those eyes, something these disgustingly bright yellow eyes can never even be close to. Romeo Conbolt, on the other hand, was a flame, just like all the colors he plays with, and he was out to burn things.

I wake up inside the castle, and surprisingly, everything seems a little normal for a moment, until it sinks in that I'm not at the king's quarters and I don't have a crown to put me up on a pedestal. I look at myself in the mirror and realize the years have burned off alongside the Fire stabbing Lord Tyrannus.

Never mind. I see the lines, they don't fade.

When I get ready for the day, I take note of every single detail that has happened in what felt like a dream but was too real to become one. I wear the uniform of the Head of the Royal Scientists, something I thought I wouldn't ever have to wear again, but I suppose it is better off like this. I don't believe I can be king.

Immediately, I enter the throne room after preparing for the day. The king sits with an easy smile on his face, a king I've only seen probably when he was still a young boy, so I need to act perfectly normal. Normal but... I also need to tell him the truth.

"Ah, Zeus!" King Macao exclaims as he stands up to greet me. "Your subjects had told me you were not feeling well, because you just could not be woken up. Tell me, have we made any discoveries on magic that made you want to stay in a deep sleep for a while?"

"Your Highness," I mumble, bowing. "I do not know if you will believe me when I tell you what has happened perhaps in another life of mine."

"Do tell," he says before offering me a cup of tea. "I believe we shall take another hour again?"

What is he even saying? I frown at him. "Your Highness, it is my deepest regret to inform you that I seem to have lost memory of what has happened for the past six years."

"Goodness!" he shouts before chuckling. "Oh, Zeus, you were never quite the funny one, so this is a step towards improvement."

"I never was," I reply, still looking stern after he stops laughing. "Look, Your Highness, I believe a good friend of mine has rewritten six years' worth of history, and my mind in this world is still stuck elsewhere."

"Rewritten six years' worth of history?" he asks, raising an eyebrow. "That is strange... you returned to the kingdom exactly six years ago, home from your hundred years quest."

I honestly recall nothing. Nonetheless, I nod. "Er, I do not recall much," I mumble. "To be honest, perhaps I have forgotten thirteen years of my life. I do not know if you would believe me if I told you what had happened."

"I would," a familiar voice says as its owner emerges from the doors of the throne room with a smile as easy as his father's. "I had this strange dream as well, Zeus, and of course, you are the Head of the Royal Scientists, so I do believe anything you say may sound plausible."