Prologue

"Kyubey. Don't talk to them at all. They don't deserve to live this life," a girl in plate armor said, a large silver sword withdrawn. Chain mail coated the areas of which the plate didn't cover. The only area it didn't cover was her neck; which had a plum-colored soul gem in the shape of a shield. She had her dark purple hair in a braid, sitting on her shoulder. 

"Why not?" the creature spoke to the girl in her mind. "You chose to become a magical girl. You've also been saying that you've needed a partner for a while." The cat-like creature let its tail move with the wind. The girl gritted her teeth, staring at the creature with hatred.

"I have been saying that, but I know when I can see potential. I can also tell that they have too much and you shouldn't interfere with them. They don't need to even know about magical girls and you. You'll only manipulate them into contracting with you," the girl answered. With a small glint of her soul gem, she was back in her clothes prior to a fight with a witch. She only wore a sweater, a skirt, and a pair of boots. Around her neck was a scarf, concealing where her soul gem normally would be while she was transformed.

Kyubey flicked its tail again, hopping onto her shoulder. "Having three magical girls in the city wouldn't hurt you. It would be a lot easier to fight witches that, wouldn't it?" it asked the girl. 

"It would be easier, but it would be hard training those girls. They would be too naive and easily succumb to grief. I... I don't want that happening to any more magical girls," she sighed. She eyed Kyubey the entire time, not allowing it to go near the girls who were enjoying their normal lives. Kyubey hopped onto her head and sat down, beginning to clean one of its paws.

"Yes, but I need to form a contract with at least one more girl in this city. Or, I will be forced to form several in other cities that have too many magical girls already. That surely would cause a lot of issues with the current girls in those cities," Kyubey spoke in her mind. She let out a growl and looked towards the girls. The girl then let out a sigh, putting her right hand on her left shoulder.

"Fine," she said. "Form a contract with one of them. Only one of them. If there are two more, I will end you." She pushed the hair out of her eyes and off her shoulders. The creature hopped off her head after licking its paw. It slowly started walking over to the girls in front of them both. She could see that they were parting ways and about to go opposite ways. It was Kyubey's decision now on which girl to contract with, not her's and it was never going to be her's.

Before she turned around to leave, Kyubey's voice echoed in her head. "Pleasure doing business with you, Miyuki Tsukiko."