Chapter 1-That time Azula wet the bed

It was no later than 4:15 in the morning when Azula woke up in a cold sweat. The firebender felt her heart's rate quicken, the sound audible in her ears. She clenched her teeth and held her eyes shut, carefully taking deep breaths in and out.

'Just a dream,' she thought, relief washing over her.

Azula started to turn over when she felt a certain dampness in her underwear. She adjusted herself then realized it wasn't damp, it was soaking wet. And the smell was sharp. Very pungent.

"What the hell? Did I?..." the fire prodigy muttered to herself.

And that's when it dawned on Azula: She had wet the bed.

Before Azula could so much as move a muscle so that she could take care of the mess, Ty Lee stirred in her sleep.

"Nnghh... 'Zula? What're you doing up?"

'Shit,' thought Azula.

"Did you have another nightmare?" Ty Lee asked, while rubbing sleep out of her eyes.

"Yes, I did. But I'm okay now... Sort of," Azula finished the end of that statement in a quieter tone.

Suddenly, Ty Lee was wide awake.

"Are you sure you're fine? Here, let me get you some jasmine tea. Or I can rub your back. Or maybe a walk in the garden," Ty Lee rattled off.

"No, no, none of that will be necessary," Azula answered, a little ruder than she had wished.

"Well then, what's wrong?" the acrobat asked with concern in her gray eyes.

"Ty... How do I even put this? Well, um..." Azula stammered. She never stammered. 

It was when Ty Lee put her foot in something wet while trying to sit up that she understood Azula's... situation. 

"Oh, Azula. Here, get up and get in the bath. I'll take these to a servant to clean and I'll bring back fresh sheets. Just don't worry about it, 'kay?" 

Azula felt her face heat up.

"Yes, that is a good idea. Thank you, Ty Lee. And um... sorry.

Ty Lee smiled and kissed the princess's lips.

"It's not big deal, 'Zula. We all have accidents from time to time. No need to be embarrassed."

Azula started moving to get out of bed, then looked back at Ty Lee."

"Thank you again, Ty Lee."

"It's okay, 'Zula."

Azula walked to the nearby bathroom and drew a bath. She relaxed in the tub, thankful for Ty Lee.

'Damn it, I really liked those sheets,' Azula thought with a groan as she sunk slightly in the water.