09

I have a big fat gay crush on Y/n Mendes. Wait am I gay? Probably, wouldn't surprise me. She's just so cute, it's like she's letting her walls down every time we talk.

"Earth to Cabello, what are you thinking about so hard" I blinked seeing her look at me with her eyebrow raised.

We were getting 'light' lunch before her game. She claimed eating too much before a game makes you move slower. I know nothing about sports so I just agreed.

"I was listening to you, what makes you think I was thinking hard about something" I asked.

"Well" she started off "you had your eyebrows pushed together and was biting your lip" I looked down blushing.

"I was telling you about the college scouts coming to my game today" I immediately looked back up. Scouts meant scholarship.

"Who are we playing anyways" I asked clueless. She said some school from Northern Texas. "I guess that means you better go out there and kick ass Mendes" I smirked.

——

I sat in the bleachers watching Y/n warm up while waiting on Dinah. She had her headphones on dancing to some song while kicking the ball. Her athleticism reminds me of Odell's. That one football player.

I always see videos of him dancing on instagram before and during games. He was a laid back yet determined athlete.

She told me she was hoping to either join the NWSL or become a elementary soccer coach. Though I doubt she has the patience for that.

I remember we were sitting in her room, watching conspiracy theories.

"This guy is taking too long to explain the theory itself. We don't care who his brother is I'm bored" she groaned. I giggled at her complaints.

Five minutes had passed until the person in the video had finally started explaining why he thinks the earth is flat.

I turned to see Y/n sleep with her cheeks squished together.

"Oh okay"

I smirked at the memory. My thoughts were quickly interrupted by a girl coming to sit next to me. I looked at her confused. She looked familiar.

"Camila right" she asked me looking down at the field. "Depends on who's asking"

She rolled her eyes before turning to look at me "I know you like Y/n" I sat there waiting for her to continue. "And I have a feeling she likes you too, which is surprising. Just be careful with her, she's been through a lot so it's harder for her to trust people. Once she lets you in don't hurt her, she may not act like it but she's fragile. She's been in my room numerous nights crying or upset about things she refuses to talk about with others. So be there for her when you can"

I processed all the information she gave me confused as to how she knew all this. "And you are..." I trailed off looking for a name.

"Doesn't matter, just know I knew Y/n a long time ago" I looked down at the field to see Y/n getting ready to take her warmup off. It's as if she knew I was looking at her because she looked up at me before frowning.

"And that's my cue to go. Good luck Camila, don't mess up like I did" I watched the stranger walk away.

Looking back down at Y/n I still saw her frowning looking up at me. "You okay" I mouthed.

She nodded her head sending me a small smile. I was about to tell her good luck before someone called her name. I just hope the scouts like what they see.