Chapter 1

Alex shot his eyes open and sat up quickly, all sweaty. He just had a nightmare about his father leaving and mother dying. He felt a wet substance on his cheeks and touched it. He realized her was crying.

"Yo Alex- Woah Man. You alright?" John, his roommate asked, slightly concerned.

"Y-Yea! Of course I am." Alex quickly wipes his tears away and faked a smile.

"If you say so. Oh, and Herc is coming over at 5 and bringing pizza!" John left the room. Alex checked his alarm and it was already 4:35.

"Shit! I gotta get dressed." He jumps off his bed and trips over his shoes. He gets back up and changes into a T-Shirt and some jeans. He walks out his room and into the kitchen. He found John feeding his pet turtle.

"Yo John. Is Herc bringing drinks?" He asked. John shrugged and started to pet his turtles head.

"Wasssssup!" They heard Herc's voice and turned to him. They opened the door and placed the pizza on the table.

"I got the drinks Mon Ami!" Laf shouted. Herc laughed and took a slice of pizza.

"Hey Guys. Let's play truth or dare!" John suggested. They all agreed. "But if you don't do a dare, then you have to drink one bottle of beer!" John smirked.

"Seriously?" Alex muttered under his breath.

"Yo Alex. Truth or dare?" Herc asked Alex.

"Uh. Truth?" Alex replied nervously.

"Have you ever had a crush before and who did you have a crush on?" Herc asked curiously.

"Uh...Well. Once, but she had a boyfriend. Her name was Juvie..." Alex nervously laughed. (Not a real person btw.)

"Okay, Truth or Dare Laf." He asked.

"Oui, Dare!" Lafayette smirked.

"Go flirt with Maria Lewis, the girl two doors down from us." Alex smirked back.

"Ha! That dare is easy!" Laf walked out the door. They waited a few minutes till he came back with a red hand mark on his cheek.

"Oof, she slapped you man?" John asked. Laf nodded and sat back down.

"Well! Truth or dare, John?" He asked.

"Dare! I ain't no chicken!" John smirked.

"Go and ask Peggy on a date tomorrow, mon ami." Laf smirked when John's face turned red.

"Ooh! You like Peggy Schuyler man!" Herc pat John's back.

"S-Shut up!" John hid his face in his jacket.

"Aww! But can we get back to the game?" Herc asked. They all laughed.

"Truth or Dare Herc?" John questioned. Herc laughed.

"Is that even a question? Dare of course!"

"Then go and confess to your crush!" John put on a evil smirk.

"Ugh. Fine, Laf I love you." Herc slightly blushed.

"Aww! I love you too!" Lafayette hugged him.

"Uh..Alex...Truth or Dare?" Herc asked, hugging Laf back.

"Uh. Dare I guess?"

"I dare you to ask Maria Lewis out." Herc smirks.

"What! I ain't doin nothin!" Alex protested.

"It's a dare, you better do it!" John pushed Alex out the door. He sighed and walked to Maria Lewis's door. He knocked on the door a couple times and waited. The door finally opened and revealed a curly haired woman.

"Oh, Alexander! What do you need?" She asked shyly.

"Um. Hey Maria. I came here to see if you wanted to go out on a date?" Alex put on a blank face.

"O-Oh, sure!" Maria smiled.

"Great. I'll meet you at The Schulyer Cafe." (Had to think of something quick!)

"Ok! Bye!" She slams the door on Alex's Face. He sighed.