bang yedam

saying goodbye is never easy.

you experienced heartbreak at the age of nine. you remembered hugging yedam the tightest your small stature could. you didn't want to let go, knowing that the moment you did, yedam would ultimately disappear from your life.

at 11 years old, yedam decided to start a new chapter in his life by becoming a trainee at yg entertainment and achieving his dream of being an idol. however, following through with this dream meant that he had to leave you behind.

at first, yedam was wary about leaving you. you practically grew up with him. ever since you were two years old and yedam was four, he was always by your side. leaving you would mean no longer being there to protect you from the spiders, comforting you when you fall, nor laughing with you. in fact, you taught him what it really meant to care for someone.

yedam remembered how hard you cried when he told you he was going to become a trainee. the tears falling down were a mix of happiness and sadness. you begged him to stay by your side. he almost gave in, but he stopped himself. yedam explained to you that this was his dream that he couldn't give it up, especially after being Kpop Star 2's runner up.

wiping the tears away from your face, yedam patted the top of your head.

"i'll make sure to always remember you," yedam smiled, trying to cheer you up.

all you could do was nod, knowing that if you dare to spoke, the tears would start running down again.

"i'll see you soon!" yedam kissed the top of your forehead.

as soon as yedam turned his back, he began to cry as he made his way to what would soon become his second home.

that was the last time you had seen yedam.

-

you auditioned for almost every entertainment company you could possibly think of. however, you failed to become a trainee at each company. you've advanced to the second round at some auditions, but you could never secure a spot.

you began to slowly let go of the dream you once had of standing on stage performing. the thought started to become out of your reach.

however, your dream was suddenly pushed right into your face when a lady approached you on the streets.

"excuse me, ma'am! i'm a staff from yg entertainment, and we would love to have you at our company," the lady told you, handing over a card with contact information.

you gladly accepted her offer, making a mental note of calling the number when you get home.

-

as a yg trainee, you were now steps away from your dream. you put your all into every single practice.

trainee life was hard, especially when the end of every month neared. you were always stressed when it came to preparing a song to sing. you always received criticism and not once have you been acknowledged for your singing.

you sat in the small producing room, trying to practice your tone, only getting more frustrated with yourself. yg never complimented you, seeming to only find your weak points. every monthly evaluation slowly diminished your confidence.

you began to have second thoughts. maybe yg wasn't the company for you. perhaps your dream of becoming an idol will only remain as a fantasy.