Tale of Lady Gwyn

On the 18th Sun of the 1st Astral Moon, a baby Lalafell with icy blue eyes and hair so blonde it was almost white, was born. In the city of Lisma Lominsa, a beautiful port city in La Noscea, the smell of sea water and salty air seemed to always be. The child's parents were nobles in the area, making their first, and only, child a Lady. They named her Gwynevere, meaning "fair one."

They taught Gwyn how to be a proper Lady, how to greet fellow noble's, and everything else she needed to know in order to not "embarrass" them during formal gatherings. Gwyn had it down by the time she was fully walking and talking, it became second nature to her.

It would be the only thing of her parents she remembered, though. About the time when she was 4, a small group of assassins were assigned to take out both her parents, hired by lowlifes, jealous of her parents' high standing in society.

In the dead of night, when there was no buzzing of people, no hurried footsteps, not even the sound of waves on the sea, the assassins struck. They were found dead the next day, still in their bed, and their toddler crying in the hall outside. Gwyn was left orphaned, with no one in the family willing to take her.

She was to be sent to an orphanage the next day, allowing her to pack some of her things beforehand. It was a sleepless night for her, even in the pitch black of her room, she could still see the image of her parents. The faint smell of blood still lingered in the house, even though it had been cleaned earlier. It had been raining outside, every drop seemed to scratch at her window, drowning her eardrums.

After a point, the scratching seemed to be not of rain however, but of something living. Gwyn was a curious toddler, and decided to investigate. She crept towards the window, her nightgown not quite brushing against the carpeted floor, not making a sound in fear of scaring off whatever could be outside.

She peeled back the light curtains blocking the window, revealing a mysterious black figure on her windowsill. He seemed to have a tail, and compared to her short stature, he was a giant. His piercing gaze matched her fearful one. The blue eyes staring back at her is nearly all she could see. A lightning flash revealed he was a Miqo'te, his skin a dark grey, with black hair to go along. Perfect for sneaking around in areas you weren't supposed to be.

He raised the window without any effort, slipping through the opening like a shadow keeping his gaze locked on her. "They're going to come after you, too. Don't choose to die, come with me. Learn to fight. Don't make the mistake of your life, join us." He was bent down towards the small Lalafell, within her arm's reach.

Gwyn looked up at him, her fear started melting away after realizing he wasn't going to hurt her. She moved close enough where she could touch his face, it was wet from the rain, but also warm. His hair fell in front of his face, refusing to move as the rain water stuck it to his skin.

She knew if she didn't go with him, she'd just be sent off to some overcrowded house that would never be a home. She grabbed ahold of his sleeve as a sign she would join him, and only asked one question, "Name?" It came out hushed, but it broke the silence that filled her room.

"Tetsuro"