Pranks and Trouble

Meg PoV

After the legendary performance at potions, Fred and George (I had a huge crush on Fred) asked for help with a little prank they were scheming up. "Sure," I replied after they told us what they were doing. They were going to give Snape a gift anomynously. There would be a cauldron cake inside, filled with slugs and exploding powder! "Really? You two are teachers' pets, and you really wanna go through with this?" George asked again. "Of course! We need a 'better' reputation than the one we have now," Macy grinned. "Alright, well, we're gonna need a distraction, and that's where you two come in. We need to get Snape away from his office so that we can plant," George made quotes with his hands, "'the gift',"

"Splendid!" Macy and I cried. We ran to the Gryffindor common room and grabbed the extra-long assignment Snape had given us last night. We ran up and down steps and through millions of corridors until we finally heard Snape in a classroom. "You do not want to get on my bad side, Quirrel," he muttered. "You know what you're doing, you know perfectly well. I suggest you stop. Now." He swept out of the office in all his swag while we hid behind a large stone post. "Do you think what I think?" Macy whispered. "Yeah, you're right, it's after hours," I mumbled, stepping out from behind the post. "What?! It's after hours? What time is it? Let me see," she squealed, grabbing my wrist and checking the time. "Eleven a.m.?" I sprinted to the common room door with such accuracy I couldn't believe it myself. I panted, holding a stitch in my side and walking up the steps just as Filch stepped into view.