Chapter 1

Authors Note: Thank you too @worldgirlalways for making the cover that's on the side!

“Blondie!”

I turned my head as I noticed the royal highness walking down the hallway. He literally only knew me by Blondie. I could tell you that I’ve told him my name more than once yet he still refuses to even remember it. Looking down at my shackles I tried to loosen them to where they weren’t so tight but nothing seemed to work. I didn’t see why we had to be treated this way yet that was the king’s orders. Running my fingers through my blonde hair I walked over to him and looked up at the man who was a few inches taller than me.

“I need you to clean my room as well as this whole palace. It needs to be spotless before the wedding that will be held next week.” Zayn told me.

Crossing my arms I looked up at him and nodded but then pointed down to my shackles. We weren’t exactly allowed to talk to him unless he said it was okay too. So, I was just hoping to get his attention to look at how red my ankles were becoming. He gave me the okay to speak, considering he didn’t understand what I was going on about.

“Sir, can’t you just remove my shackles please?” I asked giving him hopeful eyes. That honestly didn’t seem to work much for me as he started to move toward me and back me up against the wall.

I gasped and looked at him with a scared look. No one wanted to mess with Zayn when he was mad, if you got off on the wrong foot with King Zayn. Once my back was up against the wall I closed my eyes waiting for him to hit me or something after what I had just asked. I knew I shouldn’t have asked it but I couldn’t help it. I didn’t want to wear these stupid things anymore.

“I’m not going to hit you blondie. I have guards to do that job if you’re not working. But to answer your question though I cannot remove your shackles, you have to continue to wear them otherwise you’d just try to escape. I tried to be nice to my servants once and that’s what they did, they tried to escape.” Zayn told him as he got super close to my face.

“But sir, I promise I won’t escape.” I pleaded with him. Hoping that the king would understand that removing these would be the best thing for me.

“Fine, I guess I can remove them but if I even see you try to escape it’ll be the dungeons for you.” Zayn told me seriously.

Zayn backed away from me just a bit more and I think he loved the fear that he saw come out of me when he told me that I shouldn’t try to escape from the castle grounds. He took a key out of his pocket and bent down to unlock the shackles from my legs and once they were removed I couldn’t believe how free I felt. As I looked down at my feet I could tell they were swollen from having them on for so long.

“Thank you so much sir. Um after I’m finished with the palace would it be okay if I showered?” I asked him politely.

“I guess I can allow that. Guards keep an eye on him. Since his clothes are disgusting you can pick him out some of my clothes to wear for later, we have an important ball to attend and I may need him to come along. So you better be looking decent. If you don’t get the whole palace cleaned by tonight then you can finish it up tomorrow.” Zayn told me.

I just nodded as I watched him walk off. He turned around a few times to make sure that I wouldn’t even try running away. He seems to be blind to the fact that even if I wanted to run away I wouldn’t. Despite the fact that I hate this job so much, I don’t have a family to go home too. I’ve been working here to long and they could be long gone by now since I have to live here too. After I watched the boy walk away from me I grabbed my cleaning supplies and started to clean the castle like Zayn had wanted me to do. I didn’t know why I was the only servant having to clean the whole castle by myself but I sadly was and there wasn’t anything I could do about it. I should just be thankful that he took my shackles off. I was really surprised he even did that for me. Considering how he never does anything nice for anyone.