1.2 DEATH TO HE WHO CROSS ME

[𝑰 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒖𝒑𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 3 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒔 𝒔𝒐 𝒊 𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒆𝒆]

She ran towards the other side of the room and picked her phone up. She hung up and scrolled down her contact list. She called Lee's old number.

Although she hasn't seen Lee in years, she still knew she could count on her. All three of them disagreed with Chantell's decision to marry Sergio, so they stopped all contact with her. The phone rang twice but went to voicemail. The same happened when she dialed Devon and Dess. For just a second she felt helpless, but she knew she couldn't let him win. She would not let herself go out like that.

She continued to scroll down her contact list coming across Jahseh's number. She pressed it and waited till it started to ring.

"Hello?" The voice in the other end asked. He voice was hoarse because he just woke up.

"Jahseh? Yeah um I need your help." She cried. Jahseh's voice turned concerning.

"Chantell? What's wrong?" He asked.

"Sergio hit me-" She began to say, before she was interrupted.

"Share your location I'm on my way." He spoke, immediately hanging up.

Jahseh and Chantell didn't really have a bad fall out. They just grew apart after Stokeley went to jail. They started to hang out less, they barely texted each other, they didn't even follow each other on social media anymore.

She sat on the bed and curled herself into a ball. She silently cursed herself. She though that she did this to herself. If it wasn't for her just wanting fame, she would be in this situation.

She ended up crying herself to sleep.

•••

Jahseh made his way up the marble stairs of her home. He admired the expensive looking artwork on the walls.

He wore some adidas track pants and TrapStar T-shirt. His hair was braided back and he look tired as hell. He had practically dragged himself out of bed to come get her.

He looked in all of the doors in the long hallway until he found Chantell's.

"Chantell get up, pack a bag come on." He said shaking her awake. She slowly turned towards him.

"Jahseh? shit ok." She said practically jumping out of bed. She grabbed a large tote bag and went to her drawer. She threw a bunch of comfortable clothes in there. She grabbed a couple of pairs of underwear in the bag. She raced to the bathroom.

"What are you in such a rush for?" Jahseh asked, putting his phone in his pocket.

"Sergio's in the studio, which is a couple doors down. If he sees you in here we'll both be dead." She explained, while collecting her toothbrush, makeup, and smell goods and throwing them in the bag.

"I'd like to see him try and fight me. I can take his fat ass easily." He spoke cockily. She finally got herself together and slipped on some slides. She threw her curls into a high puff and headed out of the room, Jahseh followed.

Jahseh opened the door of the car for her. She thanked him and hopped into his i8.

They sat in silence as Jahseh drove down the nearly vacant road.

"So how you been?" He asked, awkwardly.

"As you can see, not so good." She said pointing to the hand shaped purple-ish red-ish bruise on her face.

"Is this his first time... you know? hitting you?" He asked.

"Yeah, But he's usual emotionally and verbally abusive." She spoke. Jahseh looked at her, confused as to why she said it so casually. He clenched his fists around the stirring wheel, slightly pressing on the gas harder.

They sat in silence until Jahseh connected his phone to the car. He played "Take A Step Back".

"Aw this used to be our song." She cooed at him.

She reminisced on the days when the whole group was together. She thought about all the times Her, Devon, Lee, Dess, Jahseh, and Stokeley would rap this song together.

Since then, Jahseh's fame grew. Everyday she'd be scrolling down her explore page and she'd see Jahseh performing. Stokeley also grew, but he was in jail.

"George W. Bush right on her pussy, yeah." She recited.

"Curious George nigger looking boy, you so pussy yeah." He shot back.

"Hit my line for the nigga dick, check my Twitter yeah." She rapped

"They call me young dagger dick that's my handle yeah." He said.

"She grab on my dick like a handle, lil bitch I got on Jesus sandals!" They yelled together. They continued to sing the song until it was over.

"Man, what happened to us." She asked, out of breath. Jahseh shrugged before speaking.

"I guess we all just grew apart." He spoke. They stared at each other, "I Don't Wanna Do This Anymore" began to play.

Chantell stared at him as he sung the song passionately. He looked at her and opened his mouth to speak. She internally cringed, knowing what he was about to say.

"You remember when we used to like... fuck." He asked. She nodded slowly.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I- I mean I was on some hoe shit." She said. Just as she said that, Jahseh pulled into his driveway. Palm trees scattered the large lot he lived on.

He got out and jogged to the other side of his car and opened the door for Chantell.

"Since when did you become such a gentleman?" She asked.

"I'm not, I just don't want you to break the butterfly doors." He spoke nonchalantly. She scoffed and got out of the car. She saw another car in the driveway but chose to ignore it.

Jahseh unlocked the door and held it open for her. She walked in and stood in the middle of the large front area.

"I have a guest room but Ski's staying in there so ye-" He began to say.

"Who?!" She exclaimed, extra loudly.

"Well he got out today and he needed a place to sta-"

"Chantell?" A shirtless Stokeley came from around the corner with a bowl of cereal in his hand.

•••

Okay y'all so wtf I totally forgot I had this book and I don't even know how. But anyway here's a short chapter to make up for my absence.

- Maya 💋