I Can't Stand My Life

I hate everyone.

   I genuinely think that I hate every person on the obviously good forsaken planet. I swear to God.

   I'm late home again. I can't afford to be late damn it. The day of the Purge is the one day I can't be late. But guess what? I am. I fucking am. Hence the reason why I hate every human being that has looked at me my entire life.

   I  heard my ring tone go off. Currently it was "Bury a Friend" by Billie Eilish. Edgy? Probably. Fucks given? None.

   I checked the caller ID and of course it was my mother. I didn't need to check, I already knew it was her. I answered the phone and as soon as I put the phone to my ear I was assaulted by a torrent of threats, pleas, and overall screams.

   "SONG MINSEO, SO HELP ME GOD WHERE ARE YOU THE PURGE STARTS IN HALF AN HOUR. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? ARE YOU STUPID? INSANE? SUICIDAL? WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?"

   I took a slow breath. "Hey Mom, I had a good day, thank you for asking. I love you, too. Since you so politely inquired, I'm downtown at the big park. No, I don't believe I am stupid. I haven't been made aware of being insane despite the therapy sessions you so graciously force me to attend. As for the suicidal argument, what's new?"

   Queue more screams.

   "I SWEAR TO GOD. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME? YOU WANTED TO DYE YOUR HAIR, FINE, I LET YOU. NOW YOU HAVE S FUCKING PURPLE MOP ON YOUR HEAD. YOU PIERCED YOUR NOSE, I WAS ANGRY BUT I GOT OVER IT. NOW YOU LOOK LIKE A FUCKING BULL. BUT NOW, YOU DECIDE TO RUN LATE. ON THE DAY OF THE PURGE. THE DAY OF PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND KILLING PEOPLE. THE DAY YOU COULD DIE."

   Her voice cracked on the last word. My resolve almost cracked, almost. I had to remember. She was who made life hell not me.

   "Well, although we've addressed the suicide issue I would like to state that I have no regard for my own life nor do I care much what you think about me dying. I do not think I look like a bull, I'm a whole ass snack. While I'm addressing the Purge, I'm not coming home. Not today, not again. Fuck you. Fuck your therapy. Fuck. This. Shit."

   "MINSEO PLEA-"

   I ended the call. Her shrieking had given me a headache. She herself gave me headaches. I couldn't decide whether I felt bad, or felt amazing. I looked around me and finally observed my surroundings. I didn't lie, I was at the downtown park. It was almost dark and the Purge was in twenty minutes so no one was out except for the ones planning to Purge. Now I needed to find somewhere to stay. I gazed around and realized that I really didn't care whether I lived or died. I gazed at sketchy looking people around me. A man was sizing me up, probably trying to decide whether I had a weapon or not.

   I looked down at my phone and got in Instagram. I took a quick selfie and filtered it with a glitch. Normally, I wouldn't do weird cringe ass shit like this but whatever. I captioned it, "The system is glitching... Purge the data." I looked at the count down... two minutes. I wonder if there were any good Purge Parties tonight. If I could make it to one. I had chosen to ignore the broadcast. No one really watches it anymore. We know it by heart.

3
.
.
.
2
.
.
.
1.

Purge time.

/////
Hey guys. I know it took me a while and the chapter isn't long but I'm excited to do this. I hope you like it. Tell me if you don't like something so I can fix it, and I love comments.

I purple you~~