The Fourth Charm

Agnetha and Björn walked into the studio both laughing. They were still not over Linda's questions in the morning. They both felt something between them that was different that day, something they hadn't felt in a while, and it appears they were not the only ones.

Benny and Frida both looked at the divorced couple noting that there was something different. They had begun to get along together, sure, but to be laughing and leaning on each other like old times... that seemed quite strange. There was no tension between them at all. Though it was a nice change Benny and Frida looked at each other coming to the same conclusion. Both laughed to each other.

"Good morning," Frida greeted. "Looks like someone is in a good mood."

"Is that a bad thing?" Agnetha asked, smiling.

"Oh, no. Not at all. I'm happy to see it, dear, you know that." She patted her friend's cheek and went on to hug Björn, too. After they all prepared themselves, Björn approached the girls.

"This is what we'll record today." He handed them the music sheet with the lyrics on it. It was a song he had written a few days prior, and revised again with Benny the night before.

The girls scanned the music sheet reading the lyrics. Frida smiled already adoring the lyrics, thinking it's a bit fun and very much something they would write. Agnetha read then glanced at Björn.

"Who's lead?" Frida asked.

"Anna," everyone looked at Agnetha and she felt on the spot to say something but she simply nodded.

"What do you think?" Benny asked.

"I like it so far," she laughed. "Do I have a choice to say no?"

"No," Björn laughed.

As the women added their vocals inside the recording booth, the men listened from outside. Benny glanced at Björn, who was smiling listening to them sing, then hesitated, but he had noticed that Björn gave him a look.

"Are you in yesterday's clothes?"

"I am," Björn answered. He had a feeling that he knew where this was going to go. Benny shook his head.

"Björn, you should be careful. I don't want to put myself in your relationship, but you'll hurt them both in the end this way." Björn knew it already. It didn't have to be said. There's no need to hear the same thoughts in his head being said aloud for him to hear again by someone else.

"Benny," he sighed. "Let's not talk about this. Not now."

"Fine, when your wife founds out and comes after you, we can talk about it then."

"Benny!" Björn shouted at him becoming irritated. The girls in the sound proof booth heard Björn yell and stopped singing.

"I just want to make sure you know what you're doing."

After a few hours, the four had decided it was time for their lunch break. They left the studio room and met in the space where there were couches and a piano.

"Let's have Chinese! We can grab some to-go and bring it here," Frida suggested.

"That is a wonderful idea," Benny said. "Agnetha, you and I can go." He smiled to her firmly. It was clear there was something on his mind. There was surely a reason.