Chapter 12

(A/N: Wow I didn't realize how long it's been since I've updated! I'm super sorry! One thing I can say is that I WILL finish this story! Believe me! I will keep my word)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Alphys....." The yellow woman looked at her creation with a warm and inviting look on her face. "Yes?" She said softly. "Um....I....I want to come out of my room. At least to go out into the lab. I don't think I can take much more of this. And....I wanted to try out my new body." The dinosaur's smile widen at Mettaton's words. This is good. He's slowing getting better. I hope my old best friend comes back.... "Of course! Uh...what would you like to try? Do you need my help? Undyne isn't here at the moment if...that helps? I can tell you everything you need to know. I've installed so much! Your older model is nothing compared to this one I've made for you." Mettaton internally sighed and rolled his eyes. Leave it to the scientist to blab on about her workings. But it was one of her quirks that he oh so loved about her. He let out a giggle and waited for her to finish. Once his creation did however, she blushed with embarrassment and cleared her throat. "Um...I'm sorry. I'm just so excited to show you what is available to you now. Let me know what you would like to do and I'll make it happen." Mettaton smiled and hugged her close to him. She was always there when needed and always provided for him. He couldn't ask for a better friend.

Mettaton squinted as he came out of the room for the first time in weeks. His new and improved eyes were sensitive to the harsh lights in the lab. He could feel Alphys brush past him and hand him his glasses. "Thank you." Once on he could see better and blinked a few times to adjust his sight. "What do you wanna do first? I could tell you what I've installed." The small woman was practically oozing with anticipation. The bot chuckled. "Go ahead. Uh....I wanna sit first." He pointed to the couch and made his way over, taking note as he felt the warmth coming from the cushions. Alphys sat next to her friend and tapped her cheek with her long nail. "Hmmm. Where to start? Oh! Well now you have the ability to taste much better than the older design. Wanna try it out?" Her creation nodded. "And you don't have to just eat nuts and bolts all the time now. So my fabulous friend, what dish would you like to try?" Mettaton sat and tried to remember what foods there were to eat for the monsters underground. His mind wandered to the times where he flipped through the magazines Alphys had given him from the dump. The ones that were in good condition she would pass over to him as she knew that the robot was intrested to learn more about humans above the surface. He spent many hours skimming through the worn out pages and he remembered reading on a pasta recipe that always looked delicious. Now that he had way more taste buds he could experience the treats humans were so lucky to have. "Spaghetti please. I always wanted to try some." Alphys racked her brain for a moment. Mettaton watched as her facial features displayed a look of uncertainty. "Hmmm. I think I know just the monster who could cook you a good plate of that. He's actually known for it." Her creation's face lit up instantly. She knew someone professional? That was even better. "Who?" He couldn't contain his curiosity. "His name is Papyrus."