Chapter 9

Lily's POV:

"That's it! You got it Leo!" I call happily as he is skating on his own rather skillfully, only took him two hours. Luckily he didn't get injured on any of his falls, which he has the Linx reflexes to assist him some of the way. I skate up near him and circle him before stopping. "I'm glad I finally got it, maybe I'll start practicing so I can be a show off for you." He chuckles, and I hear the song change over the loud speaker to a song I knew all too well. So I quickly skate to the middle, feeling the beat in my heart.

"Can you hear my heartbeat?
Tired of feeling never enough
I close my eyes and tell myself that my dreams will come true.~
There'll be no more darkness
When you believe in yourself you are unstoppable
Where your destiny lies, dancing on the blades
You set my heart on fire~
Don't stop us now, the moment of truth
We were born to make history
We'll make it happen, we'll turn it around~
Yes, we were born to make history
Born to make history
Bo-bo-born to make history~
Don't stop us now, the moment of truth
We were born to make history
We'll make it happen, we'll turn it around
Yes, we were born to make history~
Can you hear my heartbeat?
I've got a feeling it's never too late
I close my eyes and see myself how my dreams will come true~
There'll be no more darkness
When you believe in yourself you are unstoppable
Where your destiny lies, dancing on the blades
You set my heart on fire~
Don't stop us now, the moment of truth
We were born to make history
We'll make it happen, we'll turn it around~
Yes, we were born to make history
Born to make history
Bo-bo-born to make history
Don't stop us now, the moment of truth
We were born to make history
We'll make it happen, we'll turn it around~
Yes, we were born to make history
Don't stop us now, the moment of truth
We were born to make history
We'll make it happen, we'll turn it around~
Yes, we were born to make history
We were born to make history
We were born to make history~
Yes, we were born to make history." I sing along with the song, skating the dance as I sung. Soon the song finishes and I am breathing heavily and smiling like an idiot. "That was incredible Lily!" I hear Leo skating up towards me and hugging me tightly, making me smile and bury my face into his chest, embracing him back. "Thank you Leo. When I said I love skating, I honestly meant it. It's a true passion of mine, it helpse cope." I say, looking up at him with a small smile and he kisses me gently. "A passion I will support you on all the way. Your an angel on the ice." He says rubbing his nose on mine making me giggle. "I hate to end our date here but it is nearly 9 pm. And you have school tomorrow." He says checking his watch then glancing at me. "True. Plus I'm sure Adrien has been worried." I say gently, knowing he is probably on the verge of sending out a SWAT team. "I'll come see you at lunch tomorrow love. Sleep well, and try to cheer up. I know its a hard time but just remember, from what you've told me, your aunt is a very head strong women. She'll pull through." He says smiling and he kisses my forehead.

~back at Adrien's house~

"What in the hell?" I shout, seeing clothes scattered everywhere and Adrien sitting at his desk in his boxers. "Oh hey. Sorry about the mess. I just got back from the club." He says without glancing at me and I see... Peircings in his ears and face?! Oh his dad is gonna kill him. Wait... "The club?! Since when do you go to clubs?" I ask him in disbelief, setting down my skates and purse, thinking something has seriously gone loose in my best friends head. "Since today. I needed a change since you got a boyfriend. Like I told you, I'm not gonna keep you from him. I had to find something to do." He says causally, resting his chin in his palm and continuing to look at his computer. "So my best friend has gone completely bad boy on me? I swear it's like I don't even know you anymore! What else do I need to know?" I say angrily, finding my emotions near boiling over. What is happening to us? "Oh I met Pheniox and got her number as well. Your welcome." He says softly and gets up from his computer, heading to the bathroom and I rub my face exhausted. I was still a bit chilly from the ice rink, and I was hoping Adrien and I could try to talk about some stuff but it seems like he has shut down on me. "I just needed my best friend." I whisper softly to myself and head to change into my pajamas, then climb into the bed, crying silently to myself. I hear the shower turn off after half an hour and Adrien emerges from the steamy bathroom so I hide my face in the blanket, hoping he doesn't notice my trembling. I hear him walking around the room then feel him sit on the bed behind me, and lay down. I curl up to myself, trying to keep from shaking the bed from my crying. "Lily, I already know your crying. Will you just come here?" He sighs, obviously annoyed with my attempts at hiding it. I ignore him, and keep myself to my side of the bed. He groans angrily and pulls me against him, drapping his arm over my waist and kissing the top of my head. Just like he has done any time we stay the night together, no matter how old we got the things we did as kids remain. He has never tried to touch me sexually, or force me into anything. He has just held and kept me safe, making sure I was okay and he put me before himself. But... What about his feelings? Did he need me more then he let on? "Adrien?" I mumble out, feeling his chest and toned stomach on my back and he grunts a soft 'hmm?' at me. "Do you love me?" I ask him, feeling our hearts beating in sync and he tensed up slightly. "Why do you ask?" He responds back and I turn slightly to face him, seeing his hair shining in the moonlight. "Your always making sure I'm okay before yourself, so I want to worry about your feelings as well. Could you please answer my question?" I ask him, seeing him sit up on his elbow slightly, looking down at me. "Of course I love you Lily, your my best friend." He says and kisses my forehead, making me look up at him in confusion. "As a best friend? Or as something more?" I press him for more specific information and he looks over my face. "Why do you suddenly ask me this stuff when you got Leo?" He asks me, and I feel his hand reach up and his thumb rubs my cheek lightly. "Because I just now have the courage to ask you." I reply softly, nuzzling against his hand slightly. "Of course I do Lily. I've loved you since we were little."