~3~

Maggie's POV:

So, me and my mum started to walk slowly to, let's hope, my upcoming school.

Once we arrived in the front of the big white concrete door, we blocked. None of us knew what to do. So i collected all my courage and i knocked twice. Adrenaline was rushing through me, and thousands of questions were floating in my mind.

What if they don't accept me?

This one, especially, was killing me. If they don't accept me, i will be destroyed. All my hope, all the years of training and money for canto, all of that, would be for nothing. I hop-

"Hello, what can I help you with" A sweet middle aged woman appears in front of us. I scanned her body and I can tell that she is in her late 40s, maybe even 50s.

" I came here with my daughter ,she wants to be in your school so badly. I know it's late but could you help us?" my mom tries to say as polite as possible.

The sweet woman stays and thinks for a moment then replies

" yeah I guess we could work something out but first of all you need to be put through a test" and after that she kindly invites us inside.

I hesitantly step on the marble floor and follow the woman to God to knows where

After five minutes of walking we've reached to wood doors. The woman whose name I don't know opens them and leads us in. Inside was a big room with four people in the middle of it and a stage with Mike. on the left side there were a lot of teenagers. Some older than me some younger, boys, girls.
I name is heard from though four people at the table which I guess are the jury.
There is the blond girl, an old man a middle-aged beautiful woman ,and the youngest of all of them is a curly haired boy with piercing green eyes.
The blonde woman calls the name Sarah.
A pretty girl with red hair steps on the stage and present herself.

"H-hello.. my name is Sarah Delvine and I am from Chicago" she shyly says, than continues when she sees the jury doesn't say anything " today I will sing "it's too late to apologize", hope you enjoy"

And with that she begins to sing. she has an angelic voice it's so sweet, like honey , she so relaxed and I know the feeling. it's like you are again in your room performing and nothing exists around you is just you and the mic.
When she reaches the emotional part the jury stops her and says that they will contact her.
Sure you will

I say in my mind

But if they rejected a girl as good as her well I don't think I will even try.

This changes when the curly haired boy says the following sentence wich makes me froze in my place.

"The girl from the right, the one with long black hair, you are next" his voice is so raspy and it sends chills down my spine.

I look over to my mother just to see her encouraging me to go. I send her a look so she knows I am scared.

Its now or never Maggie, now or never. Don't let this chance slip through your fingers.

So, I begin to walk to the mic. I take it and i say

"Hey, my name is Maggie Lindermann and today i will sing you the song named "Dirty Diry" from Charlotte Cardin, but first, can i please go to change?" I say that when i look over to the teenagers behind me and see that they are beautifuly dressed.

"If the outfit that you want to put on characterize the song, then yes"

"Thank you" i say before I sprint to my moms car.

When I arrive I search for my high heels my long skirt and my top.
I mutter a quiet "yes" and I find them and I ran back to go and change myself.

after I am done putting my clothes on and arranging a little bit my hair I go back to a stage with a lot more confidence.

When i arrive, the jury and the teenagers stop talking, and eat me from their looks. Or thats how it felt.

"I am done" i say in mic

"Okey, you can start" says the older man before he clears his throat.

The music begins and I slowly move my hips from left to right, on the bass. And then, that feeling of just you and the stage appears, and i am again at home, in my pijamas, singing.

I see the way
I see the way, the way you want her

I slowly and seductively move my hips, and I begin walking through the stage, dancing as sexy as possible.

Your not easily impressed
Baby i got more, under my dress

And i move my hands onto my body

But you won't twitch..
I see she's got
I see she's got something I don't
You now I'm jealous in my head
Cause you would look so good in my bed
But you really like the bitch

So I can cry for my age
My life in my face
And I will wash off all the dirty dirty thoughts I've had about you
And I can cry because I got
So much she has not
And I will wash off all the dirty dirty thoughts I've had about you

-*-

after I finish my performance I look through the room. The girls are talking and looking at me with pure hate and the boys are just...looking I guess..

"You need to sing one more song" says the blonde woman " but this time, we choose "

I widen my eyes a little bit but then I nod.

If that means I will be excepted then that's it

The jury talks a little bit than says

"We want you to sing 'Hello' Adelle"

okey, you got this Maggie, you've singed this before, just relax

The music begins and my nervousness slowly fades away

Hello, it's me
I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
To go over everything
They say that time's supposed to heal ya
But I ain't done much healing

it's good Maggie, just prove them you are capable of this

Hello, can you hear me?
I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger and free
I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet

There's such a difference between us
And a million miles

Prepare.
Prepare.
GOOO

Hello from the other side
I must've called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry
For everything that I've done
But when I call you never
Seem to be home
Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry
For breaking your heart
But it don't matter, it clearly
Doesn't tear you apart

"You can stop, we will contact you" The blonde woman says, and then i go off of the stage, asking myself what did i do wrong?