CHECKING IN

It was 11am on a Friday night, the hotel was fairly quiet for a change or as quiet as it could be on a Friday night at least.

Iris was behind her desk, reading a newspaper and trying to work out why she hadn't hired someone else to work behind the desk — she was the manager of the hotel and always looked like she didn't want to be there. Though she did love her hotel and her son who lived within it.

The ding of the elevator travelled to her ears and without even turning her head to check she knew who it was, Elizabeth. Who was known as The Countess; had a very strong presence. She was beautiful, stylish and evil all in one. She would stop at nothing to get what she wanted, including Iris' son.

Elizabeth walked across the room and through the door to the bar, the sound of her heels getting quieter and quieter as she walked away into the distance.

Iris sat back in her chair, going back to her newspaper. But it wasn't long before the doors of the hotel swung open and a female walked into the room, her own heels clicking along the floor as she pulled her suitcase to the front of the desk.

Instantly Iris stood up, preparing to check her in. She looked like the kind of woman you needed to give the best service to or she'd put in a complaint. Her blue eyes were visible from across the room and her blonde hair fell nicely each side of her face; you could tell she didn't have to try to look beautiful. She already was, but she had bright red lips and a contagious smile as even Iris, who never smiled flashed a smile back at her as she approached.

"I'd like to check into your most expensive suite please." The woman spoke, pulling her card out of her purse and handed it over.

Iris took the card and quickly read the name on it before she scanned it, she didn't bother telling her the price because it was obvious she didn't care. She got everything set up and handed the key over before walking around the desk and offering to help her with her suitcase. "We do breakfast in the mornings and room service. We also have a bar if you would like to use it and we have a leaflet with some of the other places around this area that you can go to if you wanted."

"Thank you. I'll definitely be going to the bar, it's been a long day." The blonde spoke before getting into the elevator and up to the very top floor. Iris wanted to apologise for the neighbours she would have during her stay, but she looked like she could handle herself and didn't want to scare her off.

"Do you know how long you will be staying?" Iris attempted conversation as they went up the elevator, the music was the kind that you roll your eyes at— an irritating noise to fill the silence but only made your mood worse.

"I don't know yet, I'll let you know. I hope you don't mind but I would like to stay for a while. I hope you don't mind if I have a few parties here." She spoke, her confidence scared Iris. It reminded her of someone else she knew — Elizabeth.

As the elevator doors opened they both stepped out, Iris unlocked the door for her and pulled her suitcase in. She packed light, but she looked like the kind of girl to have bags upon bags of stuff. Don't judge a book by its cover, is what she thought to herself as she handed the key over and explained where things were and where the numbers to call were. Finally, Iris left the female alone and went back downstairs to her desk.

The blonde opened her suitcase and put her stuff in the drawers. Once everything was put away she changed into a red, skintight dress and heels to match. She then made her way over to the bathroom where she fixed her already perfect lipstick and fixed her hair, she tied it up into what she would call a 'messy' bun. After that she turned and grabbed her purse before leaving her hotel suite. She made sure the door was locked before turned away towards the elevator.

The doors opened and that's where her blue hues landed on some green ones, it was Elizabeth heading to her suite next door to where she'd just checked in. She had a man by her side, he was her boyfriend but more like her 'play thing'. He was known as Donovan but also known as Iris' son.

A small smile spread across her lips as Elizabeth passed her to get out of the elevator as she got into it.

The two kept their eyes locked as she pressed the button for the bottom floor. Elizabeth's eyes moved to see which button she had pressed before the doors closed.

Countess has this thing for seeing something she liked and going for it, usually to eat them. But something about this woman, she could sense her blood was extra sweet. Just the smell of her perfume as they passed each other was enough for her to decide she wanted to bring her back to their apartment and do their usual thing.

Elizabeth turned to look at the male by her side, a mischievous expression on her face as she spoke. "Let's go back downstairs."

"See something you like?" Donovan asked, referring to the girl in the elevator. Countess nodded, pressing the button on the elevator as she looked back at him.

"Are you coming with me?" Her brow arched as she noticed him walk towards their door instead of the elevator.

"If you can get her up here, I'll join you. But I think I'll pass on this one." He spoke, pushing their door open as his eyes remained on her.

"More for me." A smirk played on her lips as she stepped into the elevator and the doors closed.