Chapter 6

"A game, eh?" Jiro sneered. "I used to gamble nonstop before I was arrested,"

(Y/n) felt fearful. Why isn't he afraid? Even Ushio was afraid of this guy! But then there was the one question that made her even more scared. What is scary about this guy? His confidence? His voice?

His games?

"But this won't be any ordinary game," the mysterious man explained. "This is a shadow game. The loser of this game will die,"

Yep. Okay. His games are the scary part about him, (Y/n) thought. But at the same time, he was brave enough to save her. She felt a little honoured. Not like I'd let him know that just yet.

"Sounds interesting!" Jiro exclaimed.

The man went on to explain his twisted game. You had to pick one finger, and use it to somehow kill your opponent. How in the world could you do that?! I really wish I didn't have this blindfold!

"I choose this finger. It's the only one I need to use to fire my gun!" Jiro decided. (Y/n) felt even smaller than she was. How could someone even beat a gun?

Even so, (Y/n) was weirded out with the man's decision. "And I'll use my thumb,"

Then, the game began, and she felt Jiro's body move a little as he pointed the pistol at the man. "Ha ha ha! This game is already over!" He bragged.

But the man wasn't about to give up. (Y/n) heard a tiny click sound. She realized he was using his thumb to open a lighter. Then, the faint scent of smoke filled (Y/n)'s nostrils.

He lit Jiro's cigarette? (Y/n) was even more confused. She heard him taking a deep breath in and out. "That's better," Jiro sighed.

"Here, you can keep it," the man said, his voice icy. "... And take it with you to hell."

Immediately, (Y/n) felt Jiro tense a little beside her. He hadn't stopped pouring vodka, and it must had overflowed his cup, because she noticed that the area around him was damp.

What did he mean by that? (Y/n) wondered, too frightened to ask. "What the hell?!" Jiro cursed.

"That's Russian Vodka your pouring, correct?" The man asked, but didn't wait for an answer. "That means it's 90% alcohol, which just happens to be flammable," he sneered. (Y/n) held her breath. Had he found a way to defeat Jiro?

"Don't even think of firing you're gun. The recoil will cause the lighter to fall off your hand," he said. (Y/n) was too busy processing what the man had meant before she realized he began speaking to her. "Let's go, (Y/n),"

The man grabbed her hand gently, which beckoned her to come with him. His grasp was surprisingly warm, and almost felt... Loving? (Y/n) couldn't tell.

Even so, she got up with the stranger, desperate to get away from Jiro. As he lead (Y/n) away, their arms briefly brushed one another's, and (Y/n) pulled back.

Likely blushing, she thought, embarrassed. While (Y/n) was busy thinking about that interaction, she was lead farther away by her saviour.

What she did not notice, however, was the anguished cries of Jiro as he felt the sensation of flames killing him in a twisted hallucination.