Six Years Past

( Pov of Vanellope. And in case you don't get the pic, that's what she looks like now ;> )

I was sitting in my throne room, sitting upon my beautiful white throne. A long table scretched over the vast room, filled with my fellow friends.

Today was my birthday, and I was turning sixteen. It was kind of funny, because I heard that sixteen was the age that people were supposed to drive, and I knew how to drive ever since Ralph taught me at only ten years old.

"...Happy Birthday to you." My friends finished that tacky song and cheered with an applause.

"You guys literally killed this cake's design! It looks so frickin' awesome I don't wanna cut it! But, uh...I have to, so...here goes nothing."

The cake was probably three feet tall, and covered with pink, blue and purple fondant and white, loopy icing. It was kind of uncomfortable to cut it, since I was wearing my infamous princess dress that Candlehead insisted I should wear. I thought it was pretty stupid, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings, so I obliged.

I kept gingerly slicing the cake, putting it on porcelain plates and passing it down the table. Everyone was laughing and chatting in such a jovial way. It was a heart warming feeling to have us all together, not in a competition. Just...talking. Not having any responsibilites but to eat cake.

"Remember when I had no idea you were a year older than us?" Taffyada said, giggling at the memory. I joined in the laughter with a humble smile.

Rancis, who wasn't paying attention, lifted his head up from his cake in disbelief. "Wait--really?"

I chortled, biting into a piece of my own slice and gulping it down. "Yeah. That must mean I conquer you all!"

Creumbelina raised an eyebrow, a smirk flowing across her cheeks. "But we raced longer than you. That must mean we have better experience and conquer you, yes?" She bantered, her Itailan accent making her words more playful.

I just stared at her, completely dumbfounded. How could I reply to something like that? Everyone burst out laughing after a brief silence. Ah, man. No one was at my side on this one.

"Hey, don't throw stones if you live in a glass house!" Snowanna winked.

I groaned in defeat, "Yeah, yeah, okay. It's not my fault Cerum's so smart..."

After the beautiful party, which lasted way too long, we all said our final goodbyes and cracked stupid, dumb jokes as I guided them to the door.

"See ya, dork!" Taffyada smiled. I waved and finally closed the door. After the loud CLANK of the door and my sigh of relief, there was a long silence. I turned around to the table, which was littered with cake. But luckily, no trash or crumbs were on the floor. And even better, I didn't have to clean it. Sour Bill was already at it.

"Thanks, Bill. After cleaning that, you can rest and take a big break in the morning. I'll make breakfast!" I grinned. Bill nodded, scrapping crumbs into a dustpan. "No problem...and thank you." He said boredly.

I sighed and went up to my throne, flopping down in the seat tiredly. I glitched my dress off of me, letting in drape off the car door.

My original hoodie, skirt and leggings were underneath, and was way more comfortable than that itchy mound of material. I sunk down in the seat, shutting my eyes and preparing for a quick nap. It was reeeally satisfying to shut off my brain for a second after such a long, loud event.

I smiled and held my hands together over my stomach, feeling myself slowly become more sleepy. I listened to the soft scuffing of Bill's broom sweeping crumbs, and soon realized there was a strong chocolate rain outside. I opened my eyes and looked out the large window to my right. It looks so nice when it rained. And it was perfect timing, since I was just about to go to sleep.

BANG BANG BANG!

I jumped back to full consciousness, trying to process what just happened. I scoffed when I heard it coming from the door. Who would be arriving at the castle this late?

"I'll get it. Bill, you can go to bed now." I muttered, stomping to the door as Bill gratefully hurried to his room.

The banging on the door continued until I reached the handle. I hastily swung one of the doors open. The person standing on the other side was a surprise. And not a good one.

It was a man. He wore his classic white and red uniform and helmet, though it was soaked by the chocolate rain. He tried to recode all of Sugar Rush when he left his original game out of jealousy. He almost killed my best friend.

Yes.

This was Turbo, or as he was in Sugar Rush, King Candy.