𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

REMEMBRANCE POV

It's been two years

It's been two years.. two whole years since the Quincy and I situation, if you will. We haven't spoken since, not a text, not a letter, definitely not a pop-up.. nothing. I thought moving away would help me move on but i was wrong.. because every time I look in my baby girl's eyes I see him. Every time I see her little face, I see him. I see him in everything she does and says, and it's killing me..

I often spent my nights watching her and admiring her little features as I reflect on the past two years of raising her without her father, tonight was no different. My mom didn't even know I had a daughter, nobody did, except my midwife, Christian and myself. He's been a big help, anything I needed for her, he helped out. He was such a blessing. But I wasn't capping when I said I was gonna go ghost on everyone, but maybe I overly glamorized the idea of how I would feel because all I ever felt for the past 24 months was guilt.

Rehab and therapy was a success though, I'm officially substance abuse free and schizophrenia free. I've overcome, accepted and moved past the death of my baby boy in a healthy way and have come to terms with the fact that it wasn't my fault and it was all out of my control. I also came to terms with my breakup with Quincy, I cannot make somebody love me, I cannot make somebody choose me.. I shouldn't have too. So I've let it go.. yes I miss him at times, yes I think about him.. but I will never tie my self worth to him ever again.

I shook my head prior to being shaken from my thoughts as I saw Ka'lani toss in her sleep and turn to face me.

Ka'lani

 "Mommy, why you not sleepin?" I heard her little voice ask in the darkness

"Mommy, why you not sleepin?" I heard her little voice ask in the darkness. It was almost as if she's grown a sixth sense to know when I'm awake and when I'm not.

"I'm just making sure you're sleeping good, babygirl." I said as I pressed a kiss on her little, chubby cheek. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

"My tummy monster growlin.." She said as she sat up to face me. "I have cereal, please?"