Chapter 2

The week went by in a blur. The black-haired guy who was good at spanish didn't show up, which was both a good and bad thing. My dad reset my window, so that might have had something to do with it. Today was saturday, so I got up at around 9 which was 4 hours later than I got up for school. This time when I looked at my window, the black haired kid was back.

Immediatly, I pulled my covers up to my chin. His green eyes twinkled in amusement as he smirked.

"Mind asking before you show up?" I asked him, not amused. "Or showing up later?"

"It's allready 9:30. How much longer did you want me to wait?" he said, annoyed.

Sighing, I said "Come back in 20 minutes. I should be ready by then." The black haired boy disappeared and was replaced by a giant eye. I jumped back in my bed, hitting my head on the wall behind me. I got up, still looking at the eye, and tripped over nothing with my 'skills'. I landed on my butt ungracefully, knocking the wind out of myself with my previously mentioned 'skills'. 

"What??!" The black haired kid's voice rang in my room, but blue sky appeared on the screen. I didn't know my window even had speakers not connected to the image... Weird.

"There was a giant eye in the window." I said, my vioce guarded, not sure whether to panic or not. Maybe he did this to everyone. 

"Crap." His voice cracked in the middle of the word. "They might be able to track me. See you in 20 minutes. In the den this time." 

I got ready, putting on my favorite jeans and an "Imagine Dragons" tank top. I put my hair into a messy bun to keep the greasy strands off my face, which was prone to acne at the slightest provocation. Usually I washed it every day, but 20 minutes was not enough time to do that. I stuck random dots of spot treatment onto my already flaring skin. By then it had been 17 minutes. I grabbed my lunch on the way to the den, closing the door to the den stairs with one hand, and holding a bagle and cream cheese in the other, as I went down. As soon as I sat down, the screen blinked to life. 

"This is going to sound crazy but-" 

"Was that your eye?" I shouted, then glanced behind me out of habit. Shouting at electronics was against the rules in my house. Luckily, I remembered, my parental units were at work today. 

"No! I was just getting to that." He put his hands up defensivley, while trying to get me to calm down. "The government's monitering you. They know about your friend-" 

"What do you mean 'the government's monitering me?" I asked, my voice rising in both pitch and volume as I talked. "How do they know about me? Are you with the government? Did you LEAD THEM TO ME?!!" 

"They're watching you. They 'fixed' your friend, and they want to know if you noticed. You have to pretend that you don't." He bit his lip and furrowed his eyebrows. They also might be tracking me, so I'm not going to be able to help you much. If the eye comes again, you'll have to leave. I won't be able to talk to you anymore."

"Then how'll I be able to tell you if I've seen the eye or not?"

"Um... Good question. Type in 198416942 into your keypad. That should summon me. Remember?"

"Year but-" 

"Gotta go." the screen clicked back to forest.

                 (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

I returned to my normal Saturday schedule which included listening to music and reading. 

After lunch (Fish fingers and Custard), I turned on the news. I was surprised to see my mom on screen, reporting from the newsroom.