1

1.

i had to sit through boring classes and lectures all day. i made sure to take my normal seat in the back of the room, i liked to people watch. not creepily, just wanting, the freedom of not worrying. all around everyone was joking around, chatting with friends, or sleeping. this one boy always was smiling, wearing his dimples beautifully. i'd never tell him though, he was out of my league. popular, athletic, funny, carefree, handsome, and the list goes on and on.

at the end of the day i was sent to study hall, because i never completed my work, ever. i walked in and found a comfortable seat near the back of the library and pulled out my headphones. today's song was extraordinary girl - greenday. i really enjoyed it, the whole line where it says, "she's an extraordinary girl in an ordinary world, and she can't seem to get away."

i finished my assignment and went to hand it to the aid, afterwards i left, heading straight for the cafe. i walked inside and he was there. alone in a booth. wearing glasses that i'd never seen on his face before. he was sipping a coffee with whipped cream, after he drank a small cream mustache laid on his upper lip. it wasn't till i returned back to earth, i realized he was staring back at me. his green eyes glistened with an unreadable expression, as if he was studying me, as i was studying him.

he suddenly wrote something down onto a napkin and slipped it into his pocket. he took a final swig of his drink, ran a hand through his golden curls, and sighed leaving the restaurant.

i was still standing, looking the direction he left, when an annoyed voice asked, "are you ready to order yet?"

"oh s-sorry, c-can i have a decaf coffee w-with vanilla creamer, please," i replied turning red.

"that will be $2.96," the cashier said, holding out an empty hand. i gently laid three dollars into her hand saying keep the change, i grabbed my coffee and left. making a direct line home.

"honey, how was your day?" my mother asked after i shut the door.

"same as always," i answered unloading my bag from my shoulders.

"did you participate?" she questioned.

"no," i replied, i didn't have to hide the fact that i couldn't. she knew.

"maybe tomorrow it will be easier," she said genuinely, she knew about the songs. i nodded in response, going up to my room. at my computer i opened up my itunes and purchased extraordinary girl, adding it to my playlist. my playlist now had 165 songs in it, all from the mystery notes.

i just wanted to know, who and why. i was too unimportant for their time, a waste of space, a silent statue, why waste your time on me?

---------------------------------------------

do you like it? short but still sweet!

-em :)