3.

3.

beside you - phildel,

text me @ (826)777-3007

that was on the note today, i was so surprised. should i text the number? after debating it all day, once i got home i sent this message: 'extraordinary girl was my favorite so far.'

now i waited.

my mom didn't want me to text the number, but i did promising to show her all the messages. i mean, it was obviously someone from my school. my phone lit up and my heart leaped.

unknown: 'really? i love greenday, so i thought that song would help...'

myself: 'yes, it was so relatable..'

unknown: 'i agree, emiline'

myself: 'who are you?'

unknown: 'if you guess right, i'll tell you,'

myself: 'can i have a clue?'

unknown: 'mockingbird'

myself: '.......'

unknown: 'chirp, chirp'

i didn't reply, i was thinking. mockingbird. so, someone in my lit class, it could be that girl who smiles at me when i walk into the room. it could be the skater guy, who nods at me when i pass by. it could be even be the burnout in the back with the bright red hair. i had no clue, but i was going to find out.

///

'riptide, vance joy'

i like your voice, they way you say things... you should talk more.

///

"now that we've finished 'to kill a mockingbird' we will start the poetry segment," dr. guy stated. a large echo of groans filled the room. i never understood why people hated poetry so much. it was beautiful, and deep, and so moving, you could learn alot about someone by the poetry they write.

we had ten minutes to come up with a short poem, so i began to write.

'life can be so hard to breathe,

when you're trapped inside a box.

you're waiting for a break to come,

it always comes to late.'

i was satisfied with my snippet and volunteered to read. taking a deep breath i started, only stuttering twice. i mentally hi-fived myself.

he volunteered also, "i need your love to guide me back home, when i'm with you, i'm never alone. i need to feel you, feel you tonight, i need to tell you that it's alright."

the girls gushed and fawned, some even said, 'being poetic makes him even more hot.'

he just rolled his eyes and folded up the paper he had wrote his piece on and placed it in his pocket. the bell rang, and he walked over to me, "that was very, very good," he said gesturing towards my writing.

"n-not bad yourself, r-romeo," i joked, causing him to turn red and smile softly.

"i guess i'll see you tomorrow, emiline," he said. i loved the way my name rolled of his tongue, making such simple syllables sound like warm honey.

"see ya, ashton," i waved and couldn't hide the smile on my face.

i didn't text the number tonight, because the only thing on my mind was a golden-haired god, aka ashton.

"ashton," i whispered to myself, such a pretty name, "ashton."

my phone dinged interrupting my thoughts, and groaned and looked at the message.

unknown: 'any new guesses?'

myself: 'not yet'

unknown: 'wanna clue?'

myself: 'sure'

i wasn't really focusing on the conversation at all, to be honest i couldn't care less.

unknown: 'clue, will be in your locker tomorrow.'

i replied with a simple okay and remained thinking about ashton. must be some simple outreach athlete program, because why the hell would he talk to me?

--------

3 is up!!!

tell me whatcha think!!

-em :)