1

" papa~"

" papa?"

" BOO!"  I screamed as my father jumped out from one of the hay bails.

My brother screamed aswell but quickly went to fix his hair and act as if it never happened. I chuckled and threw myself onto my silly papa.

Today we were going to the market!

I was never  allowed to go with papa , John did but not i. Pa told me i would tend to the farm and take care of mama while he was gone. Of course our farmhand helped a ton , i couldnt do much as a child. He was a very gentle giant. His name was Joseph. I would spend the day following Joseph around and talking with him. He told me cool stories.

I smiled . Today papa said he'd buy us a present when we were there. John and i were turning eight ! I was still shorter then him but i definetly felt bigger. I had grown taller though! Papa said it was normal for boys to grow taller. It still wasn't fair though

I shrugged i didnt care , just as long as i was taller than him to easily ruffle his hair was enough for me. I hugged papa as he carried me to the carriage with our produce.

I giggled as i was sat down on the seat behind the horse. If i could reach enough....i could get the reigns.....

" oh no little mischievous mouse ! Were you planning on leaving us and going yourself?" Papa asked and i giggled and nodded. He chuckled and helped my brother up.john didnt want to at first but he had no choice. He was acting funnier as we grew. Papa said he was acting like a rooster and i chuckled. He truly was

Papa threw over the huge clothe thing over our produce then finally joined us. I smiled brighter.

" papa~.....whatre you going to get us?" I smiled and giggled as he looked shocked.

" i cant tell you little mouse. It has to be a surprise. " he said and brother huffed out.

" what am i going to get pa? A sword! A gun?? " he said excitedly and i felt as my eyes sparkled. I liked knives....maybe i could get pa to get me one...

" john my boy , its a secret " he said and chuckled and whipped the horse to pick up our pace. I rested my head on pa and felt him as he hugged me and told me stories.

~~~

Before we knew it  we were at a gated place. The guards looked at us and father digged in his satchel and brought out a scroll with a stamp on it. The knight nodded and the gate opened. I smiled hugely at the sight. The smells ! I could smell the yummy food waft to my face.

" papa! Can we bring mama a peice of pie!!" I said happily and saw brother nod. Papa smiled and nodded.

" what flavor do you think mama would like kids," he said and guided the horse and carriage through the busy street.

" hmm...apple !" I said and he nodded. Mama loved apples.

I would sit next to her bed and peel apples with my small knife and cut them up for her. She would tell me no lady would have a knife, but then she would smile at me and kiss my forehead and tell me not to be like the other ladies. Mama was always in her bed. Papa said she was resting.

He told us when we were born it was hard for her . I nodded and never questioned it. I knew it hurt papa to talk about mamas health so i never mentioned it. John knew too. We would stay up at night and talk about how to help her get better. One day papa over heard us and It seemed to hurt papa so we stopped . So me and John would climb the tallest trees and go over ideas and what we've read in our books.