Chapter 2

Lilith POV

Today is the day. I thought to myself.

I'm getting my tongue split in two hours. I took my anxiety medication about ten minutes ago because I am so anxious.

"Mousey?" I was so lost in thought I could hardly hear Ki as he called my name.

"Oh fuck, you took your meds! Stop being loopy!" Ki danced around. I giggled.

"I'm not loopy! I took the ones where I am still able to walk don't worry!"

I stand up, feeling light, and grab a banana for the road trip.

"Ready to go?" I asked Ki as soon as I turned around.

"Yeah! Let's go!"

I walked outside of my apartment with my best friend on hand and we raced to the car. Ki getting in the driver seat due to the fact that I took medication.

***

When we arrived at the tattoo and body piercing shop in Hollywood I had become really anxious.

"Don't get anxious, you were so excited, focus on that!"

"I'm happy and calm." I chanted to myself.

"Yes you are, now get up and come on! I'm so exited!"

I laugh.

"If you do this without a panic attack, I will get my nipples pierced!" Ki announced

"Deal!" I said with a smile.

We walked into the shop and went to the front desk.

"Hey I have an appointment with Darryl at noon." I ask to a girl with black hair.

"Are you Lilith?"

"Yes I am." I said with a smile.

"Tongue split?"

"Yeah." I confirmed.

"Good luck, it hurts like a bitch."

I laugh and look down. I'm really nervous. What happens if the split is crooked? What if I pass out? What if...

What if Ki doesn't get his nipples pierced?

I look back up at the black haired girl and said, "Oh, do you have an opening for my friend to get his nipples pierced?"

"After your tongue is split I will get my nipples pierced. I swear." Ki rose his right hand.

"Get your hand down, stupid. Let's just get this over with!"

The black haired girl yelled out, "Hey Darryl your appointment is here!"

We heard an immediate answer, "Yay! I have wanted to do another split for a weeks now!" Darrell came into view out of a room branched off of the right of the room.

Darryl came into view.

"Are you ready baby girl? This is going to hurt."

"Yeah I'm ready!" I can't wait to get this over with!

We followed Darryl back to the room to the right and there was a tattoo bed laid out in the middle of the room with utensils ready on site.

"Okay, can you sit on the bed and rinse out your mouth with sea salt?" Darryl asked.

I nodded my head, unable to speak.

"Here you go!" Darryl said and gave me the sea salt and water mixture.

I swished it around in my mouth and spit the mixture back into the cup.

The taste reminded me of when Austin would take me to the beach every weekend he could.

"Stick out your tongue so I can mark it out." this Darryl guy was really serious. It made me more nervous. Austin would hate this.

After I stuck out my tongue, he marked the line he would cut on. He picked up the scalpel and asked "Ready?"

I nodded and grabbed Ki's hand.

I felt a sharp pain on my tongue and I took a deep breath in.

One more slice

I am beautiful.

I am strong.

I am worth while.

I am not a weakling.

I will strive in my life.

As I chanted this things the pain went away.

"I'm done! you didn't even flinch! nice job!" Darryl danced around the small room.

Maybe he isn't so serious.

"Now it's time for some nipple piercings!" I said.

"You sound really incapable mousey." Ki giggled

"Shut up!" I said. Ki just laughed even more.