0.4

“I like your hair”, was the first thing I ever said to him, as we sat in the nurse’s waiting room. Darcy had left him and I, and ventured off to her first class. It was cold in the waiting room. So cold, you could feel your bones shaking in a sore effort to keep you alive.

“Thanks” He replied, itching his chin. “I did it last night. It’s so that if anyone, even aliens who decide to invade earth, or maybe even Satan coming to kill us all, or if any crazy, involuntary, things are coming my way, that I’m red-y”. 

He smiled at me, from his little seat in the waiting room, waiting impatiently for me to get the joke. Only now do I find how ironic he was being. 

“Funny” I stated, not laughing at all. He laughed.

By now my nose had stopped bleeding, just leaving me with dried blood all over my face. This may not seem so bad (actually, it seems pretty bad), but I have the worst fear of blood. Not so much my own blood, but the blood of others. Even writing about it makes me feel sick.

So there, as I felt like vomiting with this dried blood on my face, Michael said “Hey, you know what? Your nose isn’t bleeding anymore. There’s no real reason you should see the nurse. Why… why don’t we go get you cleaned up, and then go get some ice cream?”

I squinted my eyes at him. Ice cream? We’re in school, we have no ice cream. Also, I need to get to class. On top of that, I brushed my teeth around 30 minutes ago.

“But I have class”.

“You have Sport Class, and I know that you hate Sport.”

That creeped me out quite a bit. I actually think back to that moment as one of the most creepiest times of my life. 

“How do you know I have Sport Class and hate sport?”.

He smirked at me. “I have the same class. You sit on the sideline and listen to music, because you have no friends in that class. Also, you’re insecure about the way you run, also what you look like wearing shorts. You think your shoes are too lame and cheap compared to all the other girls, also you stare at Emma like you want to kill her, so I’m guessing you hate cheerleaders.”

I didn’t say a word. I was too creeped out. We sat there for five minutes in silence.

“I like to think I can read people”. He stated, feeling my creeped-out-ness.

He played with his red hair like he was nervous. I still sat there in silence, with dried blood flakes falling onto my Good Charlotte shirt.

I got up from my seat and slowly left the waiting room, heading for the girls bathroom. I didn’t take one look back at Michael, who was silent as I left.

Sure, I felt bad, but as I stood there in the bathroom, wiping blood off my face, I felt like everything would just go back to normal now. I would leave the bathroom, go to class, and Michael would be too embarrassed to ever speak to me again. Everything would be great. Sure, I’d probably still stare at him in Chemistry class and wonder ‘What would have happened if I didn’t go to the bathroom and leave Michael in the waiting room?’ but I would never know. Darcy would ask me questions, about what happened, and I’d just say that I don’t want to talk about it. Darcy’s like that, if you don’t want to talk about something, she just moves on. And so will Michael, once I leave this bathroom and continue on with my No-Creepy-Michael life.

I smiled, once I finished wiping away the remains of the inside of my nose. I’ll turn today around, and make it a good day.

But as I walked out that bathroom door, there came a voice from next to it. The voice of a teenage boy, with dyed red hair and holes in his t-shirt, who was leaning against a wall. Clue: it was Michael.

“So, how about that ice-cream?”

And at that particular moment, I forgot everything that I thought in the bathroom, and about how creepy Michael had been. I didn’t even notice Calum Hood, a guy in my class, leaving the school crying his eyes out. I just noticed Michael.

So at that particular moment, I smiled at him and said “Sure”.

(Also, I had a craving for banana ice-cream)

- IM SO SORRY MY WRITING SUCKS UGH I HATE THIS CHAPTER bye