Revelations

"Come here now,lass. I believe there is something I must tell you my dear girl". Ephileor called out in a soft but powerful voice to the young girl who was now conjuring up balls of fire and light and was now throwing them into the sky. He beamed with pride as he watched the young girl master the control of her powers with ease,as if creating fireballs was a normal thing for charmcasters in the realms. In some of the seven it was,but here in Zanthos, Guyana would not accept any worthless(as she used to say) charmcaster learn or master anything that would make them more than silly slaves,always ready to do her bidding. It was a good thing that he had been able to keep the girl hidden from her sight all these years (due to a certain spell),if she knew that she was in the palace she would not hesitate to turn her into a slave....or kill her if she knew who she really was. Much as he loved being King,Ephileor's heart could not help but break as he thought of the many people who had either suffered or lost their lives as a result of his wife's tyranny and he felt it necessary....almost like a duty he owed the people...to help train and prepare the girl who would save the realms from Guyana's evil rule.
"What is it you have to tell me that is so important,father?? I still have so much training to do.",she replied with a smile as she came to the old man who was now looking at her with pride in his eyes."Have I done something father??"
"No my child. Do you not wish to know the reason why you have been trained in the ways different from that of your fellows?" "Indeed I do." "Then come let your old man tell you"
On seeing that he was determined to have this discussion with her,she had no choice than to put away any spirit of rebellion and listen to him.
"Well,what is it you have to say? Get on with it,I still haven't finished my training session". And at that moment she felt like the earth should open and swallow her,how dare she disrespect the King of the realms,a powerful warlock who ruled the realms with the kindness and justice his wife lacked. She a lowly charmcaster who was no good for anything other than serving others and being at their mercy...ohh now she'd done it,she had already assured herself that this was her last training session and that she would soon join the other servants. However,she was greatly shocked by the old man's reaction to her seeming disrespect. He was chuckling,he had actually found her little rebellious show amusing,she heaved a sigh of relief;at least she could hope that her sessions wouldn't be canceled and that she was free from joining the maids. His reply to her rude talk was even more astonishing;
"You know for a ten-year old you have a lot of cheek. And I know what you were thinking,I would never send you to join the slaves and I definitely would not stop your training sessions because they help to prepare you for the mission ahead which is a very tough one."
"What mission could I possibly go on,my place is here in the kingdom maybe not among other charmcasters buh definitely not one of great importance or involving great missions? That's just not me."
"Hexxa Mirena you belittle yourself and as i do not wish to give you more opportunity to do so by beating around the bush,I will be very clear about it. You, Hexxa Mirena.....",he paused,enjoying the look of anxiety on the young lass' face as her ears itched to hear what he had to say. If looks were daggers,she would have killed him with just the anxiety dripping from her eyes. "Ephileor please tell me what it is,the suspense is killing."
"Very well,you my child are the true guardian of the realms. You are the one meant to sit in the throne on which my wife now sits and the fate of the seven realms lies in your hands"
She couldn't believe what he was telling her,she just could not bring herself to believe that she was actually the most powerful person in all the seven realms. Why how was that possible,surely there were other members of the higher castes who could do it,why her? She had her doubts about it and made them known to the old man who had now told her this heavy truth,
"I do not believe you. How can a lowly charmcaster like me be the supreme guardian of the seven realms? It isn't possible..."
"Oh but it is,child. The divinities have chosen you and as such it is irrevocable. I hope you remember the circumstances of your infant years....if not then why not try going back in time to remember them. You will see what I mean by saying you are not ordinary"
Wanting to see how her childhood related to the revelation she had just heard, Hexxa had taken a trip down memory lane,remembering everything that had happened until Ephileor had taken her in. It hit her like lightning,it all made sense now. No wonder Mother always tried to kill her and Ephileor had whisked her away,all the pieces of the puzzle began to fix themselves and she cried thinking of how cruel her mother must be for wanting to please Guyana by killing her. The look on her face was enough to convince Ephileor that she now believed him so he went on,
"All the training I gave you was to prepare you for the great battles that await you,the greatest of them being the one for your throne,the one on which my wife sits. The realms have been slowly collapsing since the murder of the last guardian Siobhan Kitana by my wife and the current ascension by Guyana to the throne. She must be stopped"
"I agree"
"Ohh and Mirena..."
"Yes sir"
"The fate of all of us is in your hands. Do not fail"
"I will do my best"