《 S P I T I T ! - E N G L I S H 》

~Casey narrates~

These last six months passed so fast. It's like if the clock had advanced at the speed of light. Four more months to enter to middle school, what joy and horror at the same time!

—Yeey! Today is May 20th, do you know what day is today? —Kenzie asked, taking me by the arm.

—Mmmm... Iker Casillas' birthday? —other famous hit—. Oh no?

—No! Today, Bailey and I celebrate eight months together. Wiiiii! —she started to do a weird dance.

—And if you already have eight months, then why haven't you ever done this...? —I took her by the arm just as she did a moment ago—. Yeeey! Today is the 20th of the month, do you know what day is today? —I said imitating her voice.

—First, I don't speak like that. And second, I had never been so excited because today is good luck.

—Can I know why?

—Because eight is my favorite number, and today we celebrate eight months together, you understand?

—Really number eight is your favorite number? —she nodded—. But if it even sounds ugly... eight, eight, eight... -I repeated several times to prove it.

—Ugh, shut up!

Kenzie looked happy... really happy. I wish I had someone like that in my life too.

—By the way! It's almost your birthday —I screamed.

—Have you forgotten? —Kenzie looked at me with Chinese eyes and she crossed her arms.

—No! Of course not. Only that I realized that we haven't planned anything.

—I already told you that my mom doesn't like parties! Remember? I told you last year, that time you exploded when I told you that was my birthday and nobody mentioned it.

—But at least... that she lets you go to my house and we'll buy you a cake. Try to convince her! Come on, yes? —I made an exaggerated smile.

—Ugh! —she rolled her eyes—. I'll try! But I don't promise anything.

—No need, believe me —she raised an eyebrow and looked at me somewhat confused.

•     •     •

—AAHHH! —I shook the iPad out because of fright—. WHAT WAS THAT?!

—Nooo! It was already 5 A.M., and it wasn't missing so much time... Puppet had to kill you, really? I told you to keep an eye on the music box and wind it up —I felt like a child who had just disappointed his mother.

—Sorry!

—If you don't even pass the first night of the second game, what will happen to you when the fifth one comes out; the Sister Location?

—No idea...

—I swear on my life; Scott Cawthon is a fucking genius.

—Really you don't like Minecraft?

—No. I think it's very stupid, and after twenty minutes you run out of ideas and you just get bored.

—LOL. Look who speaks! The one that plays League of Legends... Did you notice that I already said LOL twice?

—Having to destroy the nexus of the opposite team is so much more interesting than having to be surrounded for hours in a world of cubes! —I put a false face of indignation. She laughed.

—Excuse me?! I think someone needs some advices about what good videogames are. It'll be like a thank you for your advices; I'll teach you how to play Minecraft, Halo, Metal Slu...

—All right, all right. I get it. Better let's play something we both enjoy; Garry's Mod.

—Touchè.

• • •

The next day Kenzie and I were in my house, at the same time teaching her how to play Minecraft. We had already explored a cave and had a 'house' of land. Kenzie was getting bored so, despite my warnings [as you know, she's the most stubborn and proud person I know], she went out in the middle of the night to explore a nearby village. The game was on easy mode, so there were many enemies nearby.

—Don't look at the Enderman to the eyes, Kenzie! Look, now it's going to attack you.

—Well, come on son of... —she tried to hit him with her wooden sword, but it was almost to the limit, so at the third blow, it broked. She tried to hit him with a block of stone, but it didn't work at all.

—It's done. You died. You had neither the KeepInventory nor the Spawnpoint activated, which means that you lost your things and your home.

—Look Casey, a cucumber cares me more, anyway I didn't understand anything about what you told me about Crafetos and...

—Crafteos —I corrected her.

—Ash! It's the same. I didn't understand anything.

—And now what do we do then?

—Mmmm... let's just talk. How do you feel knowing that there are less than four months left to go to middle school? —I knew perfectly that she asked me that to know a little bit more about the life of a 'normal' teenager, because she studies at home.

—Mmmm... nervous, but not as much as on other occasions. I remember that before passing the grade, for example from third to fourth or from fifth to sixth, I felt super nervous; I washed my uniform minimum three times and prepared my backpack like a month before. But now it's like: ''I'm going to go to middle school?... Meh''.

—Something similar happened to me when in Dance Moms we finished filming the first part of the first season and we were going to film the second part or when we were going to film the next season; I felt very nervous, and many times I peed in bed —I made a strange laugh—. Don't laugh! And little by little I was feeling less nervous as we recorded more chapters. In fact, now that I think about it, I stopped feeling nervous in the third season when we... —she stopped suddenly and widened her eyes, like if she were going to say something that she shouldn't.

—When you... what? —I examined her just like Sherlock Holmes.

—Er... I mean... w-when I was e-eight... i-it's when I stopped urinating o-on the bed.

—Good try —I said coldly.

—Good try... of what?

—Kenzie, tell me the truth. I know you're lying.

—I-I swear it. I-if you want I'll ask to...

—Don't you trust me? I'm your best friend. Come on, tell me what's up.

—I-I don't know what y-you're talking about... —she began to turn pale.

—You never stutter. You understand? NEVER! So if you're doing it now, it's because you have to deal with something really serious.

—You're right. What happens is that I can't stand you getting into what you don't care about. This is something really serious, and I think it's not right that...

—Spit it! —I tried to look at her as firmly as possible.

—Casey, I swear to you by your damn cubes, that there's nothing to spit, okay?

—I'm sorry, but I still don't believe you. I can't.

We were silent for a few seconds, neither of us moving or looking away from the other, until Kenzie got up, took her purse and went to the door. She turned the knob and before leaving she turned around again.

—By the way, I already stopped urinating the bed at eight years old.

Finally, she closed the door behind her. I simply covered my face with both hands due to frustration.