The Skype Call

He sat down and lifted the screen of his laptop, swallowing hard. His fingers flew over the keys as he typed the password in. Soon enough the familiar Skype start up noise erupted into his ears from the headphones settled gently onto his head. He sighed and hit the call button of his only contact, it rang for a few seconds before a picture popped up on screen. He smiled at the familiar sight of his best friend's wallpaper and his eyes flicked across the screen till they rested on the image of said best friend, "hi."

"Hi. You wanted to talk to me...?"

He cleared his throat, "right..." He looked around the room, he was alone. Good.

"Well?" The best fried asked. He sighed and looked directly at the camera, "I'm getting to it..." He looked down for a split second, "just promise me something first?"

"Ohh scary." The best friend pulled a fake scared face, "I promise, whats's up."

"Promise you won't hate me?”

“Dude, I could never hate you.”

“Sure?” he asked quietly.

“Sure.”

There was a pregnant silence as the boy prepared himself for what he was about to say.

“C’mon, spit it out already.”

“I—”

“You…?”

“Ithinkimgay.” He sputtered out quickly.

“Okay. Whats the big deal about that?” the best friend didn't drop his cheery attitude.

“I think I’m gay… for you.” The boy closed his eyes tightly, afraid to see his best friends response.

“Oh,” was all he said and the Skype call dropped.