Friends

A/N

Hi, my name's Georgie and welcome to Chapter Two of my first phanfic!!

I hope you enjoy :D

Triggers: slight mentions of OCD (although mild)

I didn't completely proof read this chapter, so I'm sorry if there's any mistakes!

*3 months on, and Dan's at Phil's again*

It was Christmas, and Dan had spend all night with Phil. Not doing anything mind, although the thought had briefly rushed though Dan's head, but both of them just lying on Phil's bed in their pyjamas, Phil's crappy, but working, laptop in between them playing endless Friends episodes.

It was after the 6th episode that Dan noticed his best friend had fallen asleep, head crocked on the pillow, hair falling into his eyes and across his cheeks in slumber. Dan wasn't surprised, the clock on the wall read 2am and Phil had always admitted to being no good at staying conscious once the clock hit 12. Sighing, Dan closed the laptop and slid it to one side. As Dan's sleeping patterns bordered on insomnia, it was incredibly early to fall asleep in his mind. However, this night, for the first time in a long while, Dan felt tired. Glancing at Phil again, Dan smiled at how peaceful he looked. He really was beautiful, with his pale, clear skin, black hair, and childish nature. His torso was perfect, defined, but not overly muscular, and his legs seemed to go on forever. Hell, even Phil's hands were the definition of perfection, and just the thought of Phil's hands, with those perfectly dimpled knuckles and sharp wrists, well, let's just say it had gotten Dan into a few awkward situations before. .

And that was without them sharing a bed.

Together.

In boxers.

Sighing, Dan stepped out of bed, and paced around the room, checking that the windows were closed and that everything was okay to be left alone for a couple of hours. It was a habit that Dan picked up around 14 years old, when he accidentally left his hair straighteners on and woke up to the smell of burning, and a rectangular patch of burnt carpet by his door. Even though technology had moved on a considerable amount since then, and hair straighteners now came with an automatic deactivation after 10 minutes of inactivity, Dan had never succeed in breaking the habit. And as Dan's sleeping patten got more and more messed up, his late night checks got more and more vigorous, and often Dan was still triple checking the room long after dawn had broken.

Was it OCD? Dan had never been professionally diagnosed, and preferred not to think about what he called his "funny quirks" was probably a mental disorder, even though a part of his brain new exactly what he had. It had gotten better with Phil though, and these past nights Dan's room checks only took half an hour, a drastic improvement from the three hour long hauls that used to happen. As Dan made his way around the room, he felt strangely at rest. Why should he check the room? It was going to be fine. He and Phil had spent the whole day in bed, and didn't bother straightening their hair, so there wasn't any chance of burning.

And as for the windows, they were on the second floor. No-one was going to look in, they were completely save. Feeling rested for the first time in a long while, Dan padded across the grey carpet to the bed and wrapped himself up in Phil's green and blue duvet again. Glancing at Phil, a tidal wave of pride washed over him, making tears prick in his eyes. This beautiful, funny, loving person was his. Maybe not in the romantic sense (although Dan wouldn't exactly say no if something would to happen...) but in the friendship kinda way. This guy, who Dan doubted would ever know just how much simply his presence meant to him, was his everything.

As that final thought spun around his head, Dan grabbed open the bedside draw and took out a camera. Maybe in years to come, whether he and Phil were still in touch (oh, how Dan hoped so), he would find this picture and be reminded how much this older boy had helped him, and all the good and calming memories of late 2009.

And so, with the final click of the camera which made Phil groan in his sleep ever so slightly and pull the duvet closer around himself, the second picture was brought to life.

phanfic

phanfiction

phan

fluff

trigger: ocd

phan fluff

chapter two

photographs

howellatlesterfics