chapter 20 : end of the deal

jeongguk would be asleep at 7 in the morning. jimin would be out running at 7 in the morning but that was when life was normal.

when everything weren't falling apart for both of them. jimin felt bad, he blamed himself, he pulled jeongguk into a mess that he can't back out from. this was suppose to be his problem, not jeongguk's. he felt sorry each time he sees the boys but he also felt comfort.

selfish, he shouted at himself.

jeongguk and jimin were now outside the institution. a copy of pictures in jimin's hand and the original ones in jeongguk's. "this is our last chance, jimin."

jeongguk looked at jimin and held his hand tightly. jimin closed his eyes and smiled, "thank you jeongguk, for accompanying me throughout this mess of mine."

"i- i really wanted to say this to you ever since you started helping me, you know you mean alot to me, right?"

jeongguk nodded, "lets pray this works."

"our last plan, our last chance to set you free," jeongguk continued his grip loosened and he backed away.

jimin hugged jeongguk and thanked him once again, "good luck, soldier." jeongguk hugged him back and wished his best friend the same, "after this, i have so much to tell you."

and with that, both walked opposite ways. jimin walked towards the entrance of the institution and jeongguk walked towards the police station.

•••

jimin took a deep breath, for the first time in what seems like forever, he returned back to the place he started from.

taehyung's office, like the first time he met taehyung, he was sitting in front of him. at first he felt, confused, scared and suspicious but now he felt a sense of relief. a relief that everything would be over soon, this was the last day, there was no time left for anything else.

"jimin?" taehyung raised his eyebrows. jimin's train of thoughts came to a halt as he jolted up, "yes?"

TAEHYUNG;
"i believe you have something for me?"

JIMIN;
"yes, yes, i do."

TAEHYUNG;
"but before that."

TAEHYUNG;
"welcome back."

TAEHYUNG;
"i must say, jimin."

TAEHYUNG;
"you done alot ever since i gave you your freedom."

JIMIN;
"done."

JIMIN;
"alot."

TAEHYUNG;
"remember our deal, jimin?"

JIMIN;
"yes."

TAEHYUNG;
"how would you like to answer all those questions now?"

TAEHYUNG;
"i'm sure you had enough time to think about everything, right?"

JIMIN;
"how could time ever be enough?"

JIMIN;
"time doesn't wait."

JIMIN;
"and neither will you."

JIMIN;
"but yes, i did find myself asking questions about this and that, however i also found answers."

JIMIN;
"answers you might like."