Stars and moons

Taehyung and jungkook had set up their tents and taehyung mumbled thank yous to jungkook

They were now all free as everybody had set up their tents. Taehyung and jungkook sat inside their tent whose top was transparent so they could easily see the view outside.

"Woah! It looks so beautiful out if the city!" Taehyung exclaimed as he looked awestruck at the night scenery

The stars refracting in the sky, the full moon shining above their heads, small crickets slowly chirping, a few fireflies were also out,the nearby lake's water swirling making soothing sounds. The whole atmosphere was truly magical and romantic.

Jungkook looked at taehyung whose expression suddenly changed into a sad one

Jungkook looked at taehyung whose expression suddenly changed into a sad one. He was worried now.

"What happened back there? You seemed a bit off" jungkook asked while contemplating at the other who was busy looking at the night sky with sorrow filled in his eyes.

"Nothing, just a bit upset" he sighed

"About?" Jungkook was determined to ask him what was disconcerting him.

"My boyfriend" taehyung said after a long sigh

Jungkook suddenly felt a burning pain inside his chest.

"Ohh" was all he could convene.

"W-what about him?" Jungkook asked a bit hesitantly.

"I don't wanna talk about it" taehyung said finally facing the older, the sadness all gone and expressionless eyes were only what jungkook could see.

That is why he decided to drop the idea of asking further.

Somehow, the silence was comforting. Suddenly, the eldest realised that this is the first time they'll be sleeping "together" even if they stay in the same house.

"Taehyung, do you realise we are actually sleeping together?" jungkook frantically asked

"Well then I don't wanna turn out the villain in your relationship" taehyung laughed. It was actually a bittersweet laugh for a bittersweet sentence.

Jungkook looked at him as if he was saying sorry as he cheated on him.

But he shouldn't feel so, it's not that they are real.

"Where is your boyfriend by the way?" Jungkook scoffed at the thought of jimin

"He.......He had something to do" taehyung said with teary eyes.

Jungkook was scolding himself for even asking that.

"I'm sorry" he looked at the other with guilty eyes

"Oh no, it's not your fault. Anyways, it's not that this relationship matters" taehyung sighed

Jungkook noticed that their pinky fingers were almost touching, so he took the opportunity to slowly yet gently grab the other's hand and intertwine it with his'

Taehyung looked at him, ever so slowly, his eyes might have sparkled but the bluntness appeared at one fact

Jungkook has a girlfriend,tae

He dropped his smile to pick up a sad smile. He looked into jungkook's eyes, tears warily flooding his eyes making his vision blur, but he still kept them in place.

"You have a beautiful girlfriend, jungkook" taehyung smiled sadly at the older and slipped off his hand from the other's embrace

Yes he didn't let go willingly but if it's for their own good then he will do anything to keep jungkook happy.

But the fact he doesn't know that, when taehyung took his hand back, the other's heart clenched. He would lie if he would say that didn't miss the other's comforting warmth.

Taehyung backed away a bit, a few centimetres away from jungkook (just a reminder that he should never cross these few centimetres in real circumstances) and turned his head away from him, not wanting to face the other's beautiful face.

"Good night jungkook-ah" taehyung said more like a mumble.

Jungkook-ah?

No one has ever called ne that

And there was jungkook who didn't even reply good night to the younger who had finally slept after a sigh because jungkook did not reply like he always did, jungkook was busy blushing at the name penned by taehyung, his heart faced a sudden foreign feeling.

He finally rolled off to the other side and slept because they had to do a whole lot of work.

Somehow jungkook was happy that he didn't get to stay with his girlfriend and rather with taehyung.

He feels more close to taehyung than his girlfriend.

But not like he loves him. Not that type of liking.

He thought to convince himself.

A new morning full of adventure awaits for them

__________________

"If we are just meant to be friends,
Then why do I always get butterflies in my stomach when you smile at me?" 🐰🦁

___________________

Who do you think will fall in love first?