Chapter 3: Jack Fucking Wellings

E M I L Y

I pick up my earnings off the floor, making sure no one tries to steal their money back. I sneak a glance at Jack, little did I know he was looking right back at me.

Self abort mode, secret revealed, move to another state, anything!

My mind is running a million miles a minute, I finish picking up my money and go back stage to count it. Thank god it's closing time in 5 minutes. I can't stand to run into Jack, even though I know he's going to do something, I just have a gut feeling.

I look at my watch, "THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY!" I scream-whisper to myself. I don't have to deal with Jack for a whole 2 days, so there's nothing to worry about. Maybe he will just forget it.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

I enter the house, making sure I'm quiet as possible.

I see Olivia watching some reality show, "Thank you so much for taking care of her tonight." I whisper while getting out a 50 dollar bill.

She turns her head to me, getting up off the sofa and hugging me while receiving the money. "No problem! Maricella is a wonderful ball of sunshine, I wouldn't mind taking care of her at all." She says grabbing her purse and phone.

"Yeah, I'm really proud of her. I'll see you tomorrow, cya!" I say closing the door behind her, making sure to lock the door.

I sigh in frustration, rubbing my hands down my face. What a freaking day

I walk into Mari's bedroom, tip-toeing quietly. I look at the pink Disney princess night light, watching her cute sleeping figure.

Walking up to her, I place a small kiss on her cheek. "Good night Mari." I whisper, admiring the features of our mother in her.

I miss you mom and dad, you would be so proud of Mari.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

I flutter my eyes open, looking at the clock to see that it's 12 pm.

Crap, Maricella has dance lessons in 2 hours.

I get off up my bed, swinging my legs to the side of the bed.

I walk to the sink, grabbing my tooth brush and putting toothpaste on it, brushing my teeth as fast as possible.

Heading over to Mari's room, I see my cute button nose sister, taking Mac 'n Cheese out of the microwave.

I'm pretty sure my jaw just dropped to the floor.

She glances my way, giving me a big smile that can take anyone's breath away.

"Hey Big sis, look! I can finally cook something!" She says showing me the yummy looking Mac 'n Cheese.

"Wow, where did you learn how to do that?" I ask amazed on how fast this girl is growing up.

"Olivia taught me, she said it's important to learn how to cook so that you can always treat yourself to a delicious meal, because food is a blessing and it makes tummies feel good!" She says smiling, which caused her dimples to show.

"I'm so proud of you, make sure you blow on it before you take a bite, I don't want you burning your tongue." I say going to her bedroom.

She says a faint 'okay' as I walk into her bedroom, turning on the lights to see her dance bag already packed and sitting on her bed.

Jesus, she's more responsible than me.

You guys would definitely be proud of her.

I grab the bag, making sure to put it by the garage door.

I hear a faint growl coming from my stomach, guess I'll just make Mac 'n Cheese too.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Alright, I'll come pick you up at 3 okay? Make sure to tell Mrs.B that you want to try to do the splits and you want her to teach you, but don't hurt yourself okay?" I say while she's exiting the back seat.

"Got it! Bye Emily!" She says skipping off to the building. I watch her to make sure she gets in safely, then driving off to Alexa's house.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"So you're telling me that you saw THE JACK WELLINGS at the club you work at?" She says with so much interest, I can just imagine her with bunny ears that perk up the the sound of gossip. If that makes any sense.

"Yes Alexa, I've said this for the what...300th time. I saw him and he saw me and I don't know what to do because I don't want anybody finding out." I explained.

Alexa has been my best friend since freshman year, we haven't ever fought, which is pretty surprising, but we are like paper and glue. She's also the only one who knows about my job, to which she didn't seem to mind. Instead she thought it was a badass job, to which I didn't understand.

"So what are you going to do to keep his mouth shut?" She says while filing her nails.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, what am I going to do? I can't just make him shut up, he's going to want more than that.

"Just tell him that it's a very sensitive and secret topic and that you don't want anybody knowing so could you kept your mouth shut." She says like it's something normal.

"It's not that easy, I'm a shy person in school."

"Not on a damn pole you're not."

I gasp, pretending to be hurt. Lifting my hand to my heart I exclaim, "I've been shot!"

I dramatically fall to the floor, hearing a faint giggle.

"You're so dramatic." She says while looking at a magazine.

"And you're not? Remember the time when you dropped your ice cream and started scr-"

"Shut up, I was only 15."

"That wasn't even that long ago.." I say trying not to burst into a fit of laughter.

She rolls her eyes making a little 'tsk' sound.

"You know you love me." I say teasing the fact that she can't live without me.

"Yeah, sadly." She says sarcastically causing me to giggle.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

And yes, it's here, sigh.

*passes out*

Love you

💜 Noelle