The Truth About Love...

Love:
1. (Noun) an intense feeling of deep affection.

The word deep is vast. Nearly as vast as the ocean. Deep. The word love is vast. As vast as the ocean. Love. Does love have to be deep to be considered Love? The answer, is yes. Love is as deep as the roots of the eldest tree in your back yard. You've never really noticed it but one day, you see it and it sees you. Love is deep as the oceans and as vast the land below the water.

But you see. One day that tree, the eldest, fell. And love was no longer as vast as the oceans. Love was no longer deep. The roots of the eldest tree still planted into the grounds of your heart deeply. Oh, so, deeply. And soon you come face to face with a choice. Pluck the roots out and leave a hole. You can fill that hole but in the end; you will never ever be the same. Or you can keep those roots there. You can refuse to let anyone else into that spot. And you can let those roots start to decay and die, and take you with it.

The best choice is to move on. To part with those roots planted deeply into the cracks of your heart. But it seems to be the only thing holding it together. Pluck out the roots, fall apart. Leave them there, destroy it all.

But what choice do you have? Has love really become loss? Has this deep love become your salvation and demise?

The truth is, love is not sweet. It is not safe. Love is painful. Love is destructive. Love hurts. But at the end of the day, we are human. And we would do it all over again just to be with that eldest tree. We would make the same mistakes; trust the same, love deeper, care more, hold on tighter. We are human.

The truth about love... is that it is worth it.