29| I Wasnt Going To Leave

Suggested Song: Will He by Soji

Carmen's POV

Silence radiated around the car as Will pulled into the apartment garage.

It was about three in the morning and the city lights were dim and the night life had died down to the drunken wanderer every now and again.

Will parks the car and gets out, leaving me alone.

The identity of the person who was chasing us was still unknown.

Will and I had talked briefly about it and come to the conclusion that it was security that had spotted Will's car and gone looking.

But I had been chased out by security at that place before, and they had yelled that they were security and to stop.

Whoever was chasing us, was threatening. They were looking for trouble.

Not like a security guard or something.

So I wonder who it actually was chasing us. And what were their intentions if they had caught us?

What if Will had left me alone, and I didn't jump when I did?

I could have been hurt or murdered.

The thought of that scared me.

I was just greatful that Will was there with me. Something could have seriously gone wrong if he wasn't.

I could six foot under right now and no one would know.

Will put his face up against the car window and gestured for me to follow him back up to the apartment.

I agree and open the car door.

As I walk side by side with Will to the elevator, I continue thinking about what just happened, and what the possible other outcomes were.

We step into the elevator and Will looks at me concerned.

"Hey. You aight? That was fucking mad" He looks at me sincerely

He was obviously shaken up himself.

His jacket was dirty, his jeans were slightly tearing at the edges and his hair was ruffled.

"Yeah. I'm good" I say looking down at my dirty feet.

I had taken my shoes off hours ago because they were paining me. Now they were swinging in my hands down by my side.

I was tired, hungry and my feet hurt a lot, so I was lying when I said I was good, but what can you do?

The night had gone slowly, and I, like I imagine Will was too, was completely over it.

The elevator pinged and the doors opened to reveal the familiar hallway that led to our apartment.

Will and I both stepped out and walked down the hallway.

I was waiting for him to say something. Say anything

Even if it was a rude inquiry about how I smelt funny or annoyed him.

I just wanted to hear his voice, to know I was still capable of processing rational thoughts after that dilemma.

When we got to the apartment door the music was off and the room was silent.

Either everyone was passed out on the other side, or had left and moved the party else where.

Will opened the door and slowly wondered in, with me behind him.

The house was pitch black.

All the lights were off and the party seemed to have gone.

The only light illuminating the small kitchen was the light from the microwave clock.

I switch on the dull lamp in the living area and the room lights up slightly.

The mess around the house is reasonable but not that much.

I spot a note left on the bench and grab it off to read it.

Party has moved down town. Everyone at my house :)

Stephen x

I put the note back down and consult Will.

"It's a note from Stephen. Says everyone has gone to his house" I Say pointing at the note.

He nods and stretches.

I yawned.

I was quite tired from the long night behind us.

"I'm gonna go to bed" I bluntly say as I begin to walk towards the hallway

"Same" Will responds following me down the hall.

I stop outside my bedroom door, and just as I go to walk in, I feel a touch on my arm.

I look back and I'm faced with Will.

I raise an eyebrow at his hand on my shoulder.

"...yeah?..." I ask curiously

He breathes in deeply, and sighs out before looking me in the eye.

"You know... I was lying before" He begins.

I look at him confused.

I had no idea what he was on about.

"What do you mean?" I ask, getting a bit frustrated at his nonsense stopping my much needed sleep.

He sighs again, swallowing the lump in his throat.

"I mean... I wasn't gonna leave you... You know... Back at that abandoned building place. I said I was gonna leave you but... I wouldn't have left you there... Not alone..." He explains

I looked at the floor, down at my feet, then back up at him.

I smiled slightly and muttered "I know..."

He returns my friendly fire and I watch as he walks off down the hall to his bedroom.

When he disappears, and walk into my own room, and plonk down on the bed.

It was a nice feeling.

I pull up my phone and post a tweet about a new video coming out soon.

I just need to finish editing it first.

I sigh as I try to think of ways to delay the tasks I need to do.

I was tired.

My eyes were burning.

I needed to go to sleep.

My eyes slowly melted into a closed state as I felt myself fall into a state of sleep.