Chapter 7

Breeze padded out of camp, Christy and her side. They had agreed to go on a walk down to the gorge together, since they hadn't been together as friends in awhile.

They padded into Pine Lands, the wind sighed between the pine needles.

2 moons had passed since her meeting with Wind-strike and Silence, and she had something to tell Christy.

Christy sat down by a pine tree. "Can you tell me now? I can't keep waiting."

Breeze rolled her eyes. "Not until we get to the gorge." She replied.

The gray and brown female grunted, then stood up. "Fine. Let's go to the gorge."

Breeze and Christy padded through the Pine Lands. The sun was half way across the sky when they arrived.

Breeze jumped onto the first platform. She then turned to Christy, who was standing at the edge of the gorge. "Come on." Breeze encouraged her.

Christy leapt into the platform and stood next to Breeze.

The gray and brown delta jumped outo the next one, Breeze at her tail.

Then the next.

And then they leapt onto the large stone that poked out from the gorge's wall.

"So," Christy paused and curled her tail around her paws. "What is it?"

-Okay, here it goes."

-Tell me already!"

Breeze glanced at Christy.

"Sorry."

-So, I-I th-think I-I'm...."

-You're what?"

-Expecting Lion's pups!"

Christy's eyes widened and jaws dropped. "Breeze, that's amazing! I can't wait to be an aunt!"

Christy had been like the sister Breeze never had, she had no littermates nor sibling to look out for. But she had Christy.

"Have you told Lion yet?" Christy asked.

-Not yet, I was gonna ask if you'd come with me when I tell him."

-Of course I will! You're my best friend!"

Breeze smiled, she knew she could
always rely on Christy to help her.

"Now, let's go back to camp. I have to tell Lion."

*****

The sun had begun to set by the time the two she-wolves returned. The pack sat in the clearing, grooming and eating.

Breeze and Christy trotted across the clearing to the alphas' den, where Lion sat her green gaze fixed on his packmates.

"Lion, may me and Christy speak to you in the den?" Breeze asked.

-Of course." The gold male replied, padding into the alphas' den.

The three sat down on a large deer pelt and curled their tails around their paws.

Lion looked at his mate lovingly. "So what is it?"

Christy nudged Breeze with her shoulder.

"I-I.... Think I'm-I'm ex-expecting y-your p-p-p-pups....." Breeze stuttered.

Lion's jaw dropped and his green eyes widened. Tears of joy started streaming down her face. "I can't believe it!!! I'm gonna be a father!!!"

Lion pressed his muzzle into Breeze's fur. "I can't believe it......"

Christy smiled at the couple. "I'll go now, you need some time together." The brown and gray she-wolf bowed to her alphas and ran into the clearing.

The couple sat together for a little longer, then curled up together and drifted to sleep.

I know this chapter is VERY short, I couldn't decide what else to do, so short and sweet